Has This Happened to Anyone Else? - Clients Expecting a Complete Redo When Purchasing a Modification

radiodiva

I offer voice overs here on Fiverr. Some orders are short and quick and some are long and complex. Here’s what is happening. I set my gig to 1 modification for $5 which is fine for a small change(s) to the client’s finished product. Today, a particular client has purchased a $5 modification and has sent me a completely new script and is pressuring me to do a complete re-record of the entire project for that $5. I explained that his request for a total re-do is not covered in that $5 modification and now the client is irate and implying that I am taking advantage of him. Also, that order with the $5 modification is not showing up in my queue, but is in my “delivered” module…out of sight out of mind… which is frustrating. Who else experiences this same problem? Does Fiverr offer any kind of boilerplate verbiage for sellers to pass along to their client’s to explain the limitations of a “modification”??

***Has this happened to anyone else? ***

This used to happen to me occasionally, but (perhaps surprisingly) when I specified in my gigs that I would tweak but not completely redo my work it stopped. Fiverr does state in their TOS that an order can’t be cancelled based on the quality of work delivered if the work is consistent with what the seller shows in their description, and it might be worth reminding your buyer of that.

Archived