TIP: Don't want to appear on Camera? How you can STILL make a video [ARCHIVED]

twistedweb123

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you! Great post!

I just posted my new gig that is narration/ voice-over and I found it more useful to upload a video with samples of my voice reading in Ancient & Modern Greek and in English. Much more useful than a video of me talking “about” what I can do. I just made it more “colorful” with some video shots.

Thank you! Great post!

I just posted my new gig that is narration/ voice-over and I found it more useful to upload a video with samples of my voice reading in Ancient & Modern Greek and in English. Much more useful than a video of me talking “about” what I can do. I just made it more “colorful” with some video shots.

• 2 months later...

Special mention to @kevinwil, who posted this discussion link somewhere and nice article @twistedweb123. Very helpful specially to first sellers like me. With your tips, I got my gigs video-fied.

Check these out:

http://fiverr.com/nikky_hldmvj/assist-you-in-planning-your-holiday--2?autoplay=true

http://fiverr.com/nikky_hldmvj/be-your-virtual-assistant-for-an-hour?autoplay=true

Guest bravoi

I made this slideshow for one of my web development gigs, but unfortunately it was rejected due to having no sound.

• 1 year later...

Reply to @nikky_hldmvj: You got a nice video.

I was trying to upload the video with slides, but fiverr did not accepted it because there is no my face on it. Did anybody had the same issue? How to solve? I am going to create or order some video for my gig, and if I spend some money on it, it would not be so nice if it will be rejected 😦

• 9 months later...
Guest katja1700

I hope the tips are still standing, I was wondering about this too, because I am selling my creations, not my face… and also buying based on portfolio/ratings not by their appearance. Well, unless it’s a modeling gig obviously.

But maybe it’s cultural difference 🙂

If I get rejected, I will protest that it is me in the videos, well my hands at least 😃

and also my voice, I was tempted to hire a voice artist to read for me because my English is so broken, and my computer doesn’t support mics so I have to record with my phone… but then again, maybe that adds some silly charm and realness to it, maybe it shows personality even if my face isn’t there.

• 3 weeks later...

Great article! 🙂 AND… You just reminded me to update the videos I have had for a while, and also add videos to the gigs that don’t have videos. Oh, and I can attest to the fact that having a video with your gigs DOES increase your sales, exponetially!! There was a while where I took my videos down, just because my orders came in so fast, I had to slow it down a little. When things lagged a little, I put it back up. Anyway, very good advice! 🙂

• 5 months later...

Archived