TIP: Don't want to appear on Camera? How you can STILL make a video [ARCHIVED]

twistedweb123

According to Fiverr statistics, having a video on your gig can increase orders by 200% - I have gigs with both videos and just images and can testify having a video certainly does make a difference.

When speaking to sellers without videos, I often here the same thing:

“I’m not comfortable on camera”
“I’m shy and cannot present myself well without stumbling and stuttering”
“I’m not confident in giving my gig the best representation through me”

These points are understandable, but creating a video for your gig, does not need to involve yourself on film. I won’t lie, a video including you will generate more orders, as you create a personal connection on camera; something which is highly sought after in modern web spending.

BUT there are alternatives. To name a few:

1. Create a video slideshow/presentation. Highlighting the main points of your gig (and extras). Couple this with good music, and you’re on to a winner. You can actually buy presentation videos and royalty free music on Fiverr. EXAMPLE VIDEO: http://fiverr.com/wolfyy7/get-you-over-10000-linkedin-contacts-from-real-people-who-will-add-serious-value-to-your-linked-in-network

2. Create the slideshow as mentioned above, but instead of music, record a voiceover talking through your main points shown within the video. With a voiceover, you are still achieving a personal connection with your potential buyer. Can’t match up the audio to video? There’s a gig for that. Haven’t got the equipment to voice record? There’s many Fiverr voiceover sellers who’d be happy for you to order from them. EXAMPLE VIDEO: http://fiverr.com/phalbo/make-a-stopmotion-speed-drawing-animation-of-your-logo-company

3. Create a screen cast video. This basically involves recording your computer screen - you can record yourself performing the service (such as drawing, video editing, sound mixing, posting reviews - anything you can do on the computer). There are numerous free programs available to do this: http://www.emergingedtech.com/2010/01/comparing-12-free-screencasting-tools/ If your gig doesn’t involves the computer, you can simply record a video of your Gig here on Fiverr (this could be the page itself as you scroll through and highlight points, or it could be you going through the Fiverr site and finding your service via search etc)

When you have this screen cast video, add music, a voiceover or both (as above).

EXAMPLE VIDEO: http://fiverr.com/justdotdotdot/screen-capture-your-website-product-pages-or-pc-program-and-voice-over-a-tutorial-promotion-or-testimonial

1. Create a video showcasing your work samples. Although you are not introducing your service or yourself, you are showing demonstrations - this was very popular before live portfolio came into place. A lot of sellers now just rely on LP to showcase their work. Trouble is, if you are a new seller, even though you have a live portfolio, it’s empty. You should still be showcasing examples until you have a decent LP

EXAMPLE VIDEO (without self recording at beginning): http://fiverr.com/jw12792/create-a-unique-ebook-cover

There are a few things to remember when making a video:

1. Try not to use copyright music. I’ve seen people use AC/DC to sell their service - this actually looks bad, as the copyright aspect is VERY obvious and the buyer will be put off. As I say, you can easily pay for royalty free music on Fiverr

2. Do not hire someone on Fiverr to appear on video for you. I have seen examples of testimonial actors being hired to introduce other peoples gigs - Fiverr doesn’t like this, and it makes you look bad.

3. After you’ve uploaded the video to Fiverr, use it as part of your marketing campaign - Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest, Forums etc

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mukeshranahhh

i have just uploaded videos on my gigs a few days back but i am not able to see any difference infact i was getting atleast an order a day before but not now…

is there any problems in my videos ?

Guest marketersoffers

Thanks for great thread. I actually think that videos are useful only if it is hard to describe your gig in few word. Like this gig of mine,

I added a video (waiting for fiverr to accept the video) because I know it had to have a video for my gig to be understanble!

Thanks twisted for such advice! 🙂

Indeed.

A video is a great way to present a pitch. Any old video won’t do. A video is a chance to exhibit professionalism.

My videos are all done with the same microphone that I do my voiceover gigs with. The sound helps people decide if they want it.

I think all aspects of the sales pitch matter, and the better both the video and audio, the more you’re gonna sell.

Again though, any old video won’t do. The video pitch is an opportunity to stand out from others with professionalism and creativity.

Good thread @twistedweb123.

Reply to @mukeshranahhh: Your videos are call to action, and use some nice fonts to stand out - but the background is a windows movie template.

Having a movie template isn’t bad, but it doesn’t match the style or colour scheme of the video. For example, in one case, you have a sharp red on a blue background.

One of your gigs is logo creation, so users will be looking at your use of colour schemes and other design aspects - which at the moment let you down on video.

Reply to @kuzzmedia: You’ve highlighted a very good point - users will related your gig to your service. So as you say, if you are offering voiceovers and your video sound is bad - it’s not going to look good. I feel this is an issue a few people have, as video creation or editing isn’t their forte.

There are some great video editors here on Fiverr, and an investment of $30 for your gig video would be a steal

Guest mukeshranahhh

Reply to @twistedweb123: ya thanks for such a great inspection

so what i wanna ask now is that are they better than having no video or i should take them down as these days i am too busy to create some new due to exams

I have no problem appearing on cam, I just don’t know how to create a vid. My laptop has a built in cam & I’ve used it to take pics, but, I can’t seem to find the info (on my laptop) to make a vid. Now I’m looking online for the instructions. I do want to increase the amount of orders I receive.

Great tips twistedweb123! 😃

I must admit that I don’t quite like camera and here is my workaround to making a gig video:

http://fiverr.com/hellographic/create-an-appealing-cartoon-mascot--2

My girlfriend helped me with the editing and animation, she is the BEST!!!

She has a video gig too, here: http://fiverr.com/yuribelle/create-an-appealing-cute-illustration

What do you guys think?

Cheers

Guest gigbank

Forget videos.These are what matter most when it comes to making a lot of sales on Fiverr:

1. The quality of your service/product
  2. How you promote your service/product.

Even after putting a great video on my sales page,I got no increase in sales.

Eventually I ordered a gig from a seller here on Fiverr that helped me improve my sales tremendously. Check it out here:

Reply to @gigbank:

Your point 2, heavily links to a video though. Driving traffic and such to your gig is great, but you still need to promote your service on page - for which a video really helps, even if it is just summarising your service.

you’d be surprised how many buyers place an order without reading the description

Gigbank, great to see you implemented some of my recommendations from my gig: http://fiverr.com/bizgrowthcoach/enhance-your-fiverr-gig-and-teach-you-how-to-get-more-traffic-to-your-gigs

RE: Video, here’s some metrics for DOLLAR PER VIEW for some of my gigs. It appears there is a positive correlation from video to a higher ratio. Of course, you have to have a great gig and such. I also attached a simple spreadsheet template so fiverr sellers can calculate their own ratios. “You can’t manage what you don’t measure” - Peter Drucker.

FIVERR GIG DOLLAR PER VIEW RATIOS

http://fiverr.com/bizgrowthcoach

Needs Lots of Work < 0.50

Needs a Little Work 0.51 to 0.90

Keep up the Good Work > 0.91

Gig 1 Video Y/N

Dollar per View Ratio 0.58 N

Gig2

Dollar per View Ratio 1.29 Y

Gig 3

Dollar per View Ratio 0.96 Y

Gig 4