Gigs extra

belengarcia

Hi,

I’m a seller and there’s something that I don’t understand about gigs extra.

I’ve never been a buyer myself, but I thought that if a buyer chooses 2 units of a particular extra, automatically another basic gig is added (I see the basic quantity turning to 2 when I choose 2 in one of my own extras, to 3 if I choose 3 units of the extra,…).

But I just got an order with just 1 basic gig + 2 * one of my extras.

Is that ok or there’s something wrong with that order?

How does it exactly work?

Thanks!

@belengarcia "I thought that if a buyer chooses 2 units of a particular extra, automatically another basic gig is added (I see the basic quantity turning to 2 when I choose 2 in one of my own extras, to 3 if I choose 3 units of the extra,…)"

No it’s not like that. They can order as many extra as they want. It does not effect the amount of basic gig they have ordered. If you want them to order 1 extra every basic gig, you need to state in your description so they will know.

Giang

Reply to @giangpiepie: Thanks, that’s what I wanted to know.

But it’s kind of weird, because when I respond to a buyer request, the system doesn’t allow me to choose 2 units of an extra, and leave only one basic gig.

In the image, I didn’t select the upper 2($10), it changed itself when I selected 2 in the extra. And if I change the basic back to one, the extra automatically changes to 1.

Same thing happens when I change the quantities in my own gig.

I guess I should buy somebody’s gig to experience by myself how the process goes from the buyer’s perspective.

I see what you are saying. Most likely, the buyer went back and changed the basic gig quantity back to 1, to lower the price. So, the extras and multiples system is not perfect. Setting up a gig lets you modify many things, but not how many multiples of any item are offered; or how different gigs and extras interact. If there is some tie between the need for each gig basic item to need its own extra, then maybe you should consider breaking it into two separate gigs, or explaining in the description as someone already mentioned.

Reply to @webtelly:

yes, I guess that’s exactly what the buyer did, he changed the number of basic gigs back to 1 to pay less, and I thought that couldn’t be done.

It’s not a big deal, I’ll just have to write a few more words that expected for the money, but good to know, so I can change my gigs and extra descriptions keeping that possibility in mind.

I’ll ask CS why it can’t be done in buyer request orders and let you all know what they say.

Thanks!!

Keep your gig simple. Offer 3 things. Offer a $5 gig, Offer a $25.00 Package, and allow people to ask for custom quotes. If you give too many options, they may not order at all or they may misorder. Costco limits the amount of items so people don’t have to choose. Costco claims people sometimes get frustrated with too many choices and don’t buy at all.

Archived