US taxes anyone?

silviatx

Sorry, but I got to ask people living in the US? Did you guys report your Fiverr income? If you don’t want to post here in public please message me.

I am just asking because Fiverr obviously doesn’t provide any tax forms for its sellers? Or do they? If yes how can I get one? I don’t know exactly how much money I made on Fiverr last year since the balance on my account is an accumulated balance, including this year’s income as well.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

You can export your revenue data to .csv file and use the resulting document in Excel for taxes. It includes dates. The IRS doesn’t need it be be on a form, you can use the hobby business designation. W2’s are only for employment, not contracting. I think some places send another form to contractors (1099 maybe) but just knowing your wages is good enough.

Guest digilancer99

Yup, I reported my earnings in the hobby section. Granted, I don’t make too much on Fiverr, so I just assumed it was appropriate.

However, I have read on other freelancing forums that a lot of people who make a good living from their work pay self-employment taxes every month through the U.S. federal tax payment system online. It seems like if you make a decent amount every month, you would have the luxury to do so and wouldn’t want to risk paying an enlarged sum come April.

In the USA, by law, all taxable income from self employment has to be reported. Doing Fiverr gigs is considered self employment. In the US, you would file a Schedule C or Schedule C EZ to report your income, if it is over $400. If you make more than $400, it can’t be called a hobby. Also, you are required to pay in your own Social Security and Medicare taxes. This is an additional small percentage of your income. If you make more than $1000 a year via Fiverr, you should send in quarterly payments, so you don’t end up owing penalties. A tax professional or tax software for business can help you out with that.

Archived