How does a new seller prove himself?

jgpyramids

I simply would like to hear from the experts here at Fiverr, how does one prove themselves here, there are so many gigs being produced every minute that what are the chances that my Gig will be viewed and purchase when I am just a new user and have no rating amongst my account.

May I have some tips, should I just be patient and wait for my first order which will then start rolling in sales for me, or should I try any techniques such as promoting my Gig, and if so then where? I am a SEO Expert and just need sales to prove myself, I have only been a user for less than 24 hours so this may seem desperate, but I want to get started as soon as possible. I am one of these people that is always working. Working > Partying in that sense. Please help. Thanks so much and I am already loving this Fiverr community after looking at all these forums.

Guest evpassino

Proving yourself is simple. When you get orders or inquiries, respond quickly even if it’s just to say, “thanks for your order” or “thanks for reaching out to me.” Often times buyers reach out to multiple sellers, so the faster you respond, the better you look. Then deliver quickly (but maintain quality), and do whatever your can to exceed their expectations. If they ask for things beyond you gig description, do what you can to oblige, within reason.

Getting noticed is a different story, and it can be hard in a sea of sellers doing exactly what you do. Scope out the competition to make your gig attractive - offer faster delivery, do more for less, etc. In other words: give people a reason to try you out. With no reviews, buyers are taking a little bit of a risk, so they need a reason to do so. You can raise your prices (do less for more) when you start getting a steady stream of orders (when people know you’re worth it).

If you haven’t done so already, check out the Buyer Requests page. Not only does it allow you to connect with potential buyers, it gave me tons of ideas for gigs to create.

Unfortunately, you may have to whore yourself out a little bit before you make it. When I started I was doing up to 4 hours of work for 1 gig, but it was stuff I enjoyed, so I didn’t mind too much. Over time, the balance shifted to a more favorable ratio. Once you hit 10 orders (level 1) you’ll start getting more orders. When you hit level 2, you’ll get even more - so hang in there. Good luck!

There are also a few other things you need to do. I think your profile needs to be written a little better. What are pyramid products? Does everyone really know what that is? What kind of training or professional experience do you have?

Also, when I clicked o your profile your photo for your gig was cut off. That does not make a good impression for buyers. Also, you should add more photos to show different parts of what your business does. And make a video too.

What I would suggest is that you search for other top sellers who are selling similar type of gigs and really study how they write up their gigs, what kind of photos that have, what they use for videos, and how they write up their profile.

These things will help. Then it just takes time to get your first sale.

Generally people says wait for your 1st order. But this wait will never end without promotion. You have to promote for 1st few sales like10 and then if you can make a good reputation among your buyers and if your buyers give you a good rating, then you can expect sales automatically from fiverr. Still it’s not guaranteed.

Guest celticmoon

I tend to agree with willpower_hk. There are typos and grammatical errors in your writing and your profile says absolutely nothing about what your background or training or experience entails. Why should a potential buyer consider you an “expert”, or is this just what you call yourself?

Generally your profile and gigs are no worse than dozens of other self-proclaimed “experts” in these areas, but you seem to be offering an awful lot for $5, which will make some people suspicious. Your gig descriptions are vague and broad; what exactly is a buyer going to get for $5…unlimited stock advice forever? Unlimited PR backlinks? Unlimited “real” “unique” visitors?

It’s too late for you to change your account name, but…well, frankly, I would run in the opposite direction from anything called a “pyramid”. Sorry, but ‘Ponzi scheme’ just immediately pops into my mind. Yes, I know the word is used within the context of SEO and backlinks. I’m just giving an honest (non-expert) opinion here.

Anyway, some folks here have given you some good advice, but there are also some permanent articles in this forum filled with excellent advice and tips for sellers. Plus there is a search engine to find answers to specific questions (‘how to make that first sale’, ‘how to find buyers’, ‘how to make sales’, ‘how to get started selling on Fiverr’ and so on). I’m sure you can find a veritable mountain (maybe even a pyramid) of useful advice.

Good luck.

Reply to @celticmoon: I too immediately thought pyramid scheme, especially because they say they have been selling them, or something like that.

However if they are not an American native I wonder if they are not aware of the pyramid scheme concept and how negative that is. Maybe it means something different in other countries.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived