Website ideas

philtabest

Hello,

I am currently in the process of making a website in order to advertise my Fiverr gigs and would be grateful for any suggestions on layout. I was thinking of a newspaper layout, only problem is with CSS I cannot find the right justified text option. I would be very grateful if people could send me a link to their website in order to get some ideas.

Also, if anyone else needs any help, please let me know.

Please do not use the comments to advertise your web services, this is not the place.

Hi, I just launched a website for my gig. I used a website builder so it only took about an hour. Not sure if we’re allowed to post links but you can see it here: www.PocketPotentials.com

I use the about me page sort of like my Fiverr profile page. I advertise my main 3 gigs with my feedback scattered about on the main page. Let me know if you see somewhere on it I could improve though… Thanks!

There are infinite possibilities for a website layout, and it really depends on you. Just setting up a promotional website with only your gig information won’t do any benefits, unless you put time and efforts in the search engine optimization to rank your website.

I’m currently hosting a website (launched about two months ago) and it’s already attracting constant traffic, as I’ve successfully ranked some keywords for it (even ranked no.1 for a particular key phrase).

I’m sorry I couldn’t post the website URL due to the forum rules. You could explore more by browsing other freelancers’ portfolio websites.

I’m currently accepting guest posts for my website. You could know more here:

http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/60676/anyone-interested-in-guest-posting-to-promote-your-gigs-for-free

Reply to @tgreen7163: That is amazing, I do like the design, the only thing I would personally change on the website is the navigation bar. I don’t think you have enough pages for that style of navigation bar. Maybe an idea would be to put some information at the bottom of it.

I believe it’s ok to post an external link as long as it relates to the actual post.

Reply to @willpower_hk: To start off with I’m working on the design and text included in the website and then I’m going to work on Search Engine Optimisation. I want to take it a step at a time, I’m not really in any rush to get it all sorted.

In my view, there is no point in getting loads of people on your website unless you can find a way to actually keep them there. There is a lot about Search Engine optimisation out there, but very little about getting the balance between user friendly content and SEO. I was thinking of writing content on my website and then getting someone to edit it so that it’s Search engine friendly.

I thought it was ok to post external links as long as it related to the forum topic.

Sounds good, I’ll have a look at little later, but that’s very helpful. 🙂

Reply to @philtabest:

philtabest said: There is a lot about Search Engine optimisation out there, but very little about getting the balance between user friendly content and SEO.

Actually a crucial point of SEO is high quality user-friendly content without unnatural over-optimization.
So, your focus on user friendly content is already a good step in white-hat on-page SEO.

philtabest said: I thought it was ok to post external links as long as it related to the forum topic.

Sorry, but I need to follow the forum's rules. The moderator will soon censor any links off Fiverr, especially it's the promotional or personal website of a Fiverr seller, which may include ways of contact outside Fiverr.

Reply to @mrproofreading:

Thanks for clarifying it. I’m just seeing that the mods are censoring off-site links more frequently in some discussions (maybe annoyed by so so so many spams here)… And even more “Bring Back mojtabaabedi and androelic” spams are coming today. I feel sorry for the mods. :S

The websites OP wants to see are mostly promotional website by Fiverr sellers, which often other ways of contact like email address and social network accounts. So, I’m just thinking that OP won’t be able to see the links posted by others when the mods come.

I built my website myself using squarespace and a template. I really liked how easy it was and there were some really cool free template options. My site probably isn’t that exciting really, as I built it in January it was pretty basic (Just a bio, demos and contact info) then things took off here, so I haven’t done anything more on it since that original couple of hours spent, but I do recommend squarespace for the ease of use. If you are good at sites and have lots of time, then I am sure there will be lots more options! 🙂

Good luck! 🙂

the best option is wordpress. since you want people to reach you. so you need strong SEO, and the easiest, fastest way to do good SEO is through wordpress plugins of SEO.

Besides, Wordpress has many benefits in the short run and the long run. Along being able to find extreme amount of support on support forums all over the web, if you want to add/edit/ or modify anything in the future. You can actually do it yourself in a very professional way. and It is much easier than it looks…

On the long run, since you have 100% control over your self hosted website (not like those website builders who already control your website on the backend), you will be able to even monetize its traffic, if you got a lot (from the SEO).

This is the right thing to do. don’t user website builders if you want to be professional

Contact me, and i will help you more in this

• 1 year later...

It seems like you just need another website platform with easier admin panel and webfront. I know that there’re a lot of website builder where the editing does not require any knowledge of HTML or CSS. Huffingtonpost writes about such site creators, you can read more here http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alex-ivanovs/wysiwyg-website-builders_b_8814882.html I’ve read this article and choose a Shopify from that list. It’s perfect for my online store with hand-made postcards. It goes without saying that you can pick another one because you have another requirements for your future site.

Archived