Help! how can i penetrate fiverr market and receive order

daveaba

I think it’s an interesting service to translate from English to Amharic. I like it! It makes you stand out as a unique individual. It’s a good skill and I would keep that gig. With that said, it’s not going to be in high demand.

The other two gigs, are to convert 20 pages of images to Word. This isn’t going to be a big seller. You can easily convert PDF’s, JPG’s, etc. to Word with Adobe or free online converters. People know this. Buyers may still want to pay someone else to do it - but will prefer native English speakers to clean it up. I don’t think you’re going to get many sales for this service. I would consider deleting them.

I think you should brainstorm other gigs you’re able to add. I would think about your current skills and interests - and new ones you may want to learn. With that in mind, browse Fiverr to discover services that are popular.

@typingservice i respect your view! but its about the Fiverr platform which doesn’t feature new services in a good manner they “hide new sellers”.

and to give a comment about my gigs:-

my gigs are about scanned document which can’t be edited to rewrite them manually to Microsoft word which offers editing and searching a single word in the whole document .

I would disagree with the “hiding new sellers”. Daily, I see gig before mine from new people, with less experience and even lower ratings. Fiverr equally exposes people and that is a good thing. It is important to get some traction or your gig will slowly move to the bottom. Fiverr is concerned about buyers finding relevant gig and no gig activity or low gig activity will work against you.

Don’t disregard what others have previously said. Find something that is in demand on Fiverr and that you are really good at. A skill that you are in the top 10%. A skill that not just anyone with a free software can do. Most of my gigs would take the average person several hours (if not more) to complete, but because I am good at it, I can complete it in 30 minutes.

I started just like you, there was a lot of competition. I deeply discounted my services, displayed great samples and gave the buyers a great deal. They couldn’t help but try me. Stacked up the positive reviews and then adjusted my prices as my demand increased.

Good luck. You haven’t missed the boat. Now is a great time to start!

daveaba said: i respect your view! but its about the Fiverr platform which doesn't feature new services in a good manner they "hide new sellers".

Thanks, Daveaba. To a certain extent, it's out of your control. What you can do is make your gigs as attractive as possible with searchable terms in the title, descriptions, and keywords, and eye-catching pictures. I still think it would help to expand out what you're offering. You're limiting yourself if all you offer is translating English to Amharic and converting scanned documents to Word. I think both services have value - but they probably won't get the number of sales you're looking for. It's just my opinion for what it's worth. I have sold on Fiverr, but I'm just a buyer now.

daveaba said: my gigs are about scanned document which can't be edited to rewrite them manually to Microsoft word which offers editing and searching a single word in the whole document .

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. My point is you can take a scanned document and convert it into an editable Word document in a matter of minutes. There are other ways of doing it but check out Adobe Acrobat XI. It does a pretty good job of converting accurately. Most people that need this done already know about this. If they do choose to hire someone, they would be more likely to pick a native English speaker, as they would find it easier to catch mistakes.

Anyway, good luck to you! :)

It comes down to offering the right gig. They are right. Article writing, logo design, I would search through other gigs on the site and pick the ones that are selling and that you can do. Make sure and keep the buyers happy to get more sales. I started a few months ago, and have not made that much, but the orders are coming in much better.

Archived