Buyer claims he already paid

Guest redlifebenfica

Guest redlifebenfica

Hi, I am new here so appreciate some understanding 😉

My first client approached me, I offered him a custom offer via message, he claims he has paid for it and even showed a printscreen of him paying as per bellow:

Description Unit price Qty Amount

A custom project

$5.50 USD 1 $5.50 USD

The problem is, I don’t even have an order pending from him and I have no clue how the system works yet coz it seems to have failed first time! I am trying to get in touch with the support team but its been 24h now without a reply and I don’t really want the buyer upset because I am sure he will ask for more work if I deliver this on time. I have everything ready but I obviously don’t want to provide the results without seeing the order pending at least.

Can u advise? Cheers

what kind of custom offer? Usually a buyer contacts a seller to do do a custom offer that is more expensive than your regular gig.

You should not do work until you see it in your account. Also, he could be fake and that photo is fake. Do you know what method of payment he used?

I would simply send a polite note to the buyer saying, you have contacted Fiverr to see why there is an error in the system and as soon as you here back from Customer support and the order posts to your account you will get started in it right away.

Guest redlifebenfica

Hi Kay,

Nothing.

I believe I have pressed the withdraw offer now.

IF true and having done so then what happens from here? Does he get refunded, does he lose his money?

I am not sure what I did because all I could see on the messages was that it was pending his acceptance, now that is not there anymore…

Guest redlifebenfica

Reply to @sincere18:

If he did accept it (and this is before I have withdrawn it), then why did I not have any work pending?

My second point is, if I have now withdrawn it and if fiverr works with a mutual cancellation system as you say, I suppose he will have to confirm this cancellation and I will be notified?

Its a pain in the ass trying to work out this website problems without a customer support chat assistance.

Guest redlifebenfica

Reply to @sincere18:

If he did accept it (and this is before I have withdrawn it), then why did I not have any work pending?

My second point is, if I have now withdrawn it and if fiverr works with a mutual cancellation system as you say, I suppose he will have to confirm this cancellation and I will be notified?

Its a pain in the ass trying to work out this website problems without a customer support chat assistance.

There isn’t any way to withdraw the offer after it is paid by the buyer.

By withdrawn, do you mean the custom offer or the order cancellation?

There could be a possibility that the buyer might be trying to scam you.

Just wait for the reply from the support.

Guest redlifebenfica

I have withdrawn the custom offer, which was pending (but which he claims to have accepted and paid for).

I start thinking its the latter Kay.

Regardless and as a genuine touch I provided 1/4 clips he requested, he claimed the link did not work for him and asked me to put it into a dropbox, I agreed and did so. Then he offered to call me to resolve the situation so I provided the phone number and am waiting a phone call and that’s as far as I will go.

Hi Guys,

2 days ago I have placed a custom order of $20 & paid $21 with processing fee. They already charged from my bank. But I do not have any order pending in my screen or eather Seller send me an e mail asking to place the order. Then I figured out seller did not receive my order. I have send all screen shots and bank transection screen shot s to customer support & waiting for an answer.

Guest redlifebenfica

thanks for the feedback ecoshine,

it seems the buyer is genuine and he has already paid for my gig, again, because he can’t wait for the reply that fiverr promises to come in 24h but has already taken over a day. This time the order came through and I can see it and deliver.

It seems like an error in the system, becomes worse when you are the buyer and the money lost is yours.

Reply to @redlifebenfica: seriously, don’t do any work till you see the order. Fiverr support will respond. I have only contacted them one, I believe what they actually say though is that they aim to respond within 24 hours, that doesn’t mean that they will though, it’ll be an average. If the guy can’t understand that you need to wait for support to respond for your help request, then he’s most likely trying something.

I know it can be exciting getting the first gig, but don’t be blinded by that. I’m not in any way saying that the guy is trying to pull a fast one, just trying to look at the facts logically.

Guest redlifebenfica

Reply to @philtabest: Sorry, what I meant is, the buyer cannot wait for the reply from the customer support with regards to his first payment, so he has gone to my gig and REPAID for my gig, and this time I can see the order and I can deliver it.

Archived