Why Have the Orders Stopped Coming in?

enlightenedpen

Reply to @alexa_guru: I really don’t understand why you see a problem with advertising what you already sell on Fiverr.

You’re correct that I do not use Fiverr as a main source of income. That’s why I keep my gigs quick and cheap. I don’t trust the platform enough to put effort into creating and selling high-dollar orders.

You’re incorrect about my experience. I have been successfully freelancing for almost 9 years. I deal with larger clients away from Fiverr, where I have better control over communication, process and payments. I have no problem giving fiver a 20% commission on $5-$15 gigs, but when there are so many risks involved with the entire platform, I’ll put that 20% in my own pocket and make sure things go as smoothly as possible when there is ‘real money’ and reputation at stake.

The point you’re missing is that when I started selling on Fiverr, I did do some outside promoting - and then I realized how flawed the system was. Other than posting on the forum when I’m in the mood, I HAVE DONE NOTHING to promote and encourage sales.

I sign in once a day to see if there are any orders or messages (again, the notification system cannot be trusted), and if there’s an order, I crank it out. Would I prefer to get a few more orders per month, sure. But I have no interest in investing effort into building an empire on the flawed Fiverr foundation.

If you are serious about earning a living wage on Fiverr, it makes no sense that you do not understand advertising or how to get targeted traffic considering your entire account is based on SEO and ranking.

Archived