Buyers Who Don't Leave a Review

friendlywebguy

I once left a negative review because the seller immediately said the job was complete before the job was done and then was late. So then he begged me to remove the review (which I did). And then later demanded that I leave a positive review because he completed the job. I marked the job with 3 stars–satisfactory and ignored his demand to add a positive review, then contacted customer service.

Reply to @itsyourthing: Yes, but that increases the possibility of bad reviews. I’m already at 98% and while I have thousands of positive reviews, I’m scared of getting more negative ones.

Take this latest buyer, he gives me the names of three rivers in Romania, and tells me he’s selling wool and leather goods. Then he complaints that I united some of the rivers’ names into one. He said that wasn’t creative. Really? So why mention the rivers at all? Why the f-word do I have to know about rivers if I can’t use them?

It’s so aggravating, I lost $15 with that guy. Luckily for me, I only wrote 5 names, the other $10 was for domain searches and trademark search.

Reply to @fastcopywriter:

fastcopywriter said: Yes, but that increases the possibility of bad reviews. I'm already at 98% and while I have thousands of positive reviews, I'm scared of getting more negative ones.
I can dig it. It would be nice that if after a time the negatives get removed - not because they aren't potentially valid, but because it only takes one (deserved, mistake, whatever) an you can never be 100% again.

I know that 'joke' too - "These are the three words I want people to think of [three words], but don't use any of them!"

You obviously lap me in sales, but I have a 'no guarantees' disclaimer in all of my gig instructions, so far it hasn't bitten me.

If it is sitting in completion after two to three days from delivery I send the following message to them in hopes they see it.

“Hello,

Just a friendly reminder.As a gig provider on fiverr, we live and die with the closing and ratings we receive with our gigs provided within a timely manner. I would greatly appreciate it if you would close and rate positively on the services you received, if you are satisfied with my obligations that were met on time.

If you are needing adjustments for the received product, please allow me to rectify it for you before you close and rate it so I can give you what you wanted and still receive a positive rating. Otherwise, with out you doing so, it can negatively effect our ratings on fiverr.”

Reply to @fastcopywriter: Nope, no refund requests yet. I have five cancellations - one was a “sorry, I had someone else do it, i’ll reorder in the future”; two were to spam others’ forums that I cancelled, and two were stuck in ‘pending instructions’ limbo for 10 months, so I cleared them.

Thanks. I rejigged some of my gigs to make “package deals” with a freebie included with the extra, so far it’s been working well enough.

According to my forum gig description - ahem! - I post with one account/username.

I don’t get loads of orders, but they are usually smooth and get good results; just the way I like it. (And yes, I just knocked on wood.) 🙂

Reply to @itsyourthing: Then your track record is amazing. This past week alone I had 4 cancellations after delivering the work. Overall, 9% cancellation rate if you include everything since my first day on Fiverr. I’m not proud of it, and I admit some cancellations are my fault. They demand revision, I don’t feel like doing it, so I cancel.

Reply to @itsyourthing: it actually says he will help with homework and not do it for them! everyone needs help with their homework from time to time and some parents are too bone idle to help. In my view this is a good gig unless he’s actually doing it for them.

Anyway whilst typing “needs” autocorrect kept changing it to “bed”, probably the first time that’s been correct. Goodnight high fiverrs!

Reply to @ardicus: what do you mean close? I have bought jobs, I get an email that my order has been completed and I click on it and go and read what the seller wrote and/or download the file. Other than that I do not do anything. Most of the time I do send back a message saying thank you.

Also, I would be offended if a seller wrote that to me that they live and die on anything.

Reply to @sincere18:

Close meaning to mark it as complete. to close the gig is an expression. And the reason why I worded it the way I did is to let buyers know that some sellers are trying to make a living eventually with fiverr…

Whether they are disabled, missing life by working too hard on another job wanting something lighter then they are doing… etc…

Archived