Need Feedback: How Can We Help You with Late Deliveries?

kashmiah

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reply to @carradee: Deliver the gig, before the work is complete. Tell the buyer you’re going to do this before you do it. Say they can take as long as they need to make these changes, to let you know when they’re done, let you know when they’re ready to proceed, and then you’ll gladly complete their order. Everyone wins.

Reply to @vithor: With this feature, the seller that uses it will lose money. There are very few unique services that only 1 person does. For those that are one of a kind, there is usually an adequate substitute. Why wait when there’s an available seller? If you get behind, you can always pause your gigs yourself.

Reply to @elsproductions: 1. Increase your delivery time to give people a chance to respond. If you need their response that fast, your delivery times are too short. If they don’t respond for several days, say something like "I’m going to mark this delivered for now, but don’t consider the work complete until you’re fully happy with your order. Please let me know how you’d like to proceed and I will finish your order right away."

2. Your delivery times should be such that you can deliver 99% of your gigs with a few days left on the clock. Thus, when you get a modification request, your gig still won’t go late.

Reply to @sabiansoldier: Here’s a scenario. You have a project due in 5 days. You buy a logo for this project. On day 4, the seller requests an extension for 2 days. Oops, but your project is due in 1 day! Now, you don’t have time to order a different gig. You have to go with the gig you already ordered. If you’re mean to the seller, he/she might get upset and give you a bad product. After 2 days, you get your logo but you missed your deadline. You have a bad experience with Fiverr due to this and won’t be back.

See why mutually “agreeing” to a deadline increase is a bad idea?

I’m new to fiverr so in case this already exists, I’d be happy to be updated. 🙂

In terms of delivering on time, it’d be great to know what time zone my buyer is in, especially when it is a one-day delivery request. Also vice versa, so that the buyer knows what time zone I am in.

Sometimes, by the time I read requests, 8 hours are already over and my buyer might be asleep. I can’t contact to clarify and have an order sitting there that I can’t work on because I can’t reach the buyer. And the clock is ticking. Maybe a solution could be that the time starts running only after it’s, idk let’s say 6am, for the seller?

Is this a problem others have experienced as well?

Reply to @catsquirrel: Most unreasonable buyers you’re referring to wouldn’t agree to an extension. There is NO excuse for the seller needing more time for a date THEY set.

Either you’re in the hospital or dead, aside from these extremely rare events, delivering late is UNACCEPTABLE. In either case, a mutual extension wouldn’t help anyway, as you wouldn’t be able to get to a computer to do this.

Reply to @florencedesign: You do know what time zone they’re in by the country their profile says they’re from, unless they’re using a proxy which is rare. Either way, you need to plan for this as a seller when setting your delivery time.

If you sometimes need 8 hours to respond (hey, we all sleep) but then may need more info, you need to increase your delivery times.

To answer your question, I have been pressed for time before and the only solution is to increase your delivery time.

I have a gig that requires users to give me information for tweets. I find many don’t know how to tweet so it takes two or three days for me to explain how tweets work, what hashtags work for them, and how to time it for various audiences. It can take up to a week for this to happen. I’d like a button that says, “Seller has placed an order but has not yet sent instructions” and that button should put the delivery date on hold.

I feel this is semi-on topic because it invites being “forced” into late delivery based on how the current rush delivery system works.

My standard gig with a rush is fine. However, I have multiple Gig Extras that add 2,3, or 4 days to the total gig time. There should be a way to charge more for the “24 hour delivery” if Gig Extras are delivered. Some of them can’t be done on time and I have to awkwardly explain to someone that I can’t review their 100+ website page by page in 24hrs because they paid me an additional couple of dollars.

I definitely support the allowance of a mutual late delivery agreement. The seller should be able to offer it and the buyer then either accept it or reject it. I don’t see any downside to this given that at the moment the experience I’ve had with sellers (I’m a buyer) is that they’ll explain once an order is going to go late and agree to a new delivery time anyway. At least this way it’d be officially recorded. The buyer could even offer the deadline extension to the seller as well (I know that if I had a gig I didn’t need delivered in the original timeframe then I’d rather give the seller more time than have them rush). I also fully support the idea of the seller offering the buyer some partial refund in exchange for accepting the longer deadline. Buyers pay more for a gig in order to get fast delivery. They should be able to pay less for a gig if accepting later delivery.

I don’t support the removal of feedback when gigs as cancelled as late. Firstly, that’s a very important thing I’ll look at when buying a gig to see if a seller is delivering on time and more often even still active on Fiverr (sometimes the only way to know a seller has lost interest in their gig is if their recent orders were all just left to go late). Secondly, if you take that out there’s no recourse for the buyer if the gig goes late (the only way to give negative feedback for a bad experience is to wait until the seller eventually delivers, if they ever do). When there are extenuating circumstances, the seller should still be able to request a mutual cancellation even on a late order and get it without any negative feedback, but if it’s left to the buyer to cancel the gig as late then they should be able to leave feedback. That said, I think the text should be something you can customise. As a buyer, I should be able to give an actual review when I have to cancel a gig as late which might vary from “seller didn’t respond to me at all and now I’ve had to cancel the gig as late” to “seller was polite and good to work with, however I’ve had to cancel this order due to being late and seller not responding to my revised deadline request”.

By the way, as a buyer, I do think that the current system by which you can request a modification and the clock resumes is the correct way most of the time. I rarely request modifications but when I do it’s normally because the seller hasn’t included something I’ve requested (which I’ll explain to them and normally they’ll then realise and acknowledge that) or has made a simple mistake (such as attaching the wrong document). These aren’t reasons why a buyer should have to wait longer for the gig to be delivered than the original deadline since they should have been part of the original delivery. Other times when a seller offers revisions as part of their gig, if they’ve fairly allocated their delivery time then it should include time for me to review the work and request a modification (which I do as soon as possible) and for them to complete it within the delivery time. In fact, many sellers will actually submit a preliminary version of the work for me tor review before the deadline and then only mark as complete the final revised version, thereby bypassing the modification request feature entirely.

That said, I accept that sometimes requested modifications may take longer and it won’t be either the buyer’s or the seller’s fault (or even it could be all the buyer’s fault). Sometimes there might be a miscommunication between buyer and seller causing them to have different interpretation of the buyer’s request which, upon looking back, both parties can understand how the confusion arose. In these circumstances, both buyer and seller need to be fair to one another in agreeing how to deal with it, and it would be good if the buyer could offer an extended deadline along with the modification request to give the seller more time. The buyer should also be able to offer more money along with the modification request if the seller is going to have to do more work through no fault of their own.

Reply to @market8: if you have other obligations, can’t you change your delivery days to be longer so this won’t be a problem? And do not offer 24 hours express delivery.

Though I do think the time zone is an issue. But then you wouldn’t get as many jobs let’s say from across the ocean because buyers would start to only look for sellers in their own country/time zones if they knew 24 hours meant 36 hours if you buy from a seller in a different country.

Archived