Need Feedback: How Can We Help You with Late Deliveries?

kashmiah

I’m not sure if this was mentioned yet but how about a physical calendar that shows when the expected gig(s) are to be delivered? Seeing the number days is fine but that doesn’t always translate over well to others.

Having something that physically shows the exact expected dates of deliveries would probably assist with controllable late issues.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reply to @topaz_muse: yes, and it would need to be also showing time zones, because I think that is sometimes a little bit of an issue. If i order something that says 3 days, I think on my end it’s 3 days from the when I buy the gig in my time zone, but if the buyer is in another country it could be a different day.

Reply to @nikkigirl2282: That’s a good point, but here is the thing, some buyers may not actually know a modification is even allowed.

Does it say it somewhere very clearly?

I did not think it was and have been confused quite honestly about all this modification talk. I thought if I buy something that let’s say for example a logo design, that comes with 2 revises, after I give those revises when I receive the final job delivered I think that’s it, it’s done. If I want to still continue doing revises I can pay for another gig to get that seller to keep working on it for more revises.

I also wonder if Fiverr has enough staff to do what you suggest.

I am new to Fiver (2 days ago) and I did not notice any option to say how long it would take to do a job. I just clicked on something that I think said “accept”. I am still waiting to receive a product that I will write about. The product is scheduled to arrive in two days’ time and my job is already showing as late. Obviously the buyer knows I’m not actually late, but how does that show up on my profile?

Reply to @sincere18: Hi, it is stated in my gig that as an average 7 days is sufficient delivery for a large document and I also say this again for new customers just in case.

7 days isn’t my turnaround time for a 3,000 word document so I wouldn’t want to turn buyers away if they need a 3,000 word document proofing in 2 days or a day, which is my turnaround for 1 gig. It should be logical to anyone that ordering multiple gigs means extended delivery times.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I think it could be good with being able to set working hours. I have 12 hour days, but I prefer not to work on the weekend. However, I still receive orders that the buyer expects in one day. I think that would help with late orders - to stop them from happening at all. Also it could be useful for the buyer, who can see if the seller is online and working and therefore also when they can expect a reply or delivery. Sometimes I have received changes late at night, and then time slips away and BOOM - late delivery. 😕

• 2 weeks later...

Reply to @mintyone: Then it’s the exact same situation as we have at the moment. Hence, no downside. If you take away the option for the buyer to reject the seller’s request then the seller ends up with the freedom to deliver a gig whenever the want with no rights for the person who’s actually paying for it (and no consideration given to the fact that sometimes as a buyer there’s a reason you have to have a particular deadline).

Archived