I'm sick of the 'long term business relationship' promise!

nancy_chr

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cust0mcr3ationz

I honestly do the work business as usual. it’s the customer who decides if they want to mantain or sever a relationship with you. But then it’s you who has to be creative and innovative as to how you sell your services and products too.

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

I honestly do the work business as usual. it’s the customer who decides if they want to mantain or sever a relationship with you. But then it’s you who has to be creative and innovative as to how you sell your services and products too.

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

I’ve had this happen to me a looooot in the past. While it hasn’t happened to me here yet on Fiverr as I’m relatively new to doing gigs, the funny thing is, the people who got to try me via my discounted deals, actually DO come back and order something bigger and better and offer better rates and even tips! … without promising any “work to come” prior to that. The ones who did promise me never came back… funny that.

Still, I think it’s good to offer the best that you can offer… at the price limit you set. 🙂 If you want to offer more than that, it’s at your own discretion, but your buyer doesn’t HAVE to promise you extra pay either, you know?

I’ve had this happen to me a looooot in the past. While it hasn’t happened to me here yet on Fiverr as I’m relatively new to doing gigs, the funny thing is, the people who got to try me via my discounted deals, actually DO come back and order something bigger and better and offer better rates and even tips! … without promising any “work to come” prior to that. The ones who did promise me never came back… funny that.

Still, I think it’s good to offer the best that you can offer… at the price limit you set. 🙂 If you want to offer more than that, it’s at your own discretion, but your buyer doesn’t HAVE to promise you extra pay either, you know?

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: What I am trying to tell people is that I will do my best on every order. The number of orders a buyer makes has nothing to do with the quality I offer. For me it’s the same thing if a user orders 50 times or 1 time. Unfortunately some buyers don’t know that and they’re trying to get a better deal with fake promises. That is what I don’t like.

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: What I am trying to tell people is that I will do my best on every order. The number of orders a buyer makes has nothing to do with the quality I offer. For me it’s the same thing if a user orders 50 times or 1 time. Unfortunately some buyers don’t know that and they’re trying to get a better deal with fake promises. That is what I don’t like.

Thanks for your comments everyone,

What I was trying to tell with this post is that, It was my choice to offer my services for $5, so I will do my best on every order, price doesn’t matter. We all agree to that, and every seller who is serious about his work on Fiverr does so.

In my gigs, there’s an extra fast delivery option. Many buyers don’t use that, but many times I deliver extra fast just because I have some free time. Why keep them waiting?

I think we all agree to that too.

Maybe many people are doing this because they think I won’t deliver in time or I won’t do my best for ‘only’ $5. Again, it was my choice to do it, so I will do my best.

The message I want to send to the buyers that promise LOADS of work to come if I deliver AWESOME work EXTRA FAST and do 3 times more than described in my gig is this:

I kind of feel that you’re begging. Therefore, I don’t think you’re serious and trustworthy. I would really appreciate it if you were honest with me. You may have loads of work for me, you may have one million orders to make, but it doesn’t have an effect on my work. You’re equal to every user who orders my gigs for the first time. I’ll be happy if we acquire a long term business relationship sometime, but you don’t have to ‘overpromise’ to make me overdeliver.

What I was trying to tell with this post is that, It was my choice to offer my services for $5, so I will do my best on every order, price doesn’t matter. We all agree to that, and every seller who is serious about his work on Fiverr does so.

In my gigs, there’s an extra fast delivery option. Many buyers don’t use that, but many times I deliver extra fast just because I have some free time. Why keep them waiting?

Maybe many people are doing this because they think I won’t deliver in time or I won’t do my best for ‘only’ $5. Again, it was my choice to do it, so I will do my best.

The message I want to send to the buyers that promise LOADS of work to come if I deliver AWESOME work EXTRA FAST and do 3 times more than described in my gig is this:

I kind of feel that you’re begging. Therefore, I don’t think you’re serious and trustworthy. I would really appreciate it if you were honest with me. You may have loads of work for me, you may have one million orders to make, but it doesn’t have an effect on my work. You’re equal to every user who orders my gigs for the first time. I’ll be happy if we acquire a long term business relationship sometime, but you don’t have to ‘overpromise’ to make me overdeliver.

Archived