What makes a gig goes up or down in ranking and views?

Guest alw1nl

What are the ways to sway the system of a gig going up in list ranking (except numbers of sales and rating)? Does make editing/updating a gig any difference? What else?

Reply to @catwriter:

Do you mean delivery within the self chosen deadline?

Quick delivery itself does not say much, usually it depends on the product.

Most customers say they are not in a hurry. Myself also when I buy, usually I don’t want things fast, I want it good.

Reply to @alw1nl: Of course it should be good. I’m talking about both good and fast.

My deadline is set on 5 days, but I deliver faster than that, usually within 24 hours (unless I have a long queue of orders). Whenever I deliver quickly (sometimes within a few hours), I notice that my gig got higher in list ranking. I realize that quick delivery itself doesn’t mean much, it’s just what I’ve noticed.

Reply to @catwriter:

Same here, I usually deliver the same or next day and sometimes in just a few hours or even minutes.

Just discovered something wrong with the system: today I have set my deadline on 7 days. Above the gig now it shows ‘7 Days On Average’ that is total nonsense, nothing ‘average’ here, it should show the average REAL delivery time, which is around 1 day.

Reply to @alw1nl: It’s like that for everyone. If you set the deadline on (number of days), that’s what will be shown as average, even if you deliver in a few minutes. I’ve heard that the “average” increases if you often deliver after the deadline, but I can neither confirm it nor deny it.

It’s not the only wrong thing in the system. When a buyer requests modification, you don’t get a message like “Hey, this is great, I just need a minor revision”, you get the message that the buyer rejected your work. Or, the system auto-completes the order after 3 days, and the notification states that the buyer marked the order as complete, even though the buyer haven’t looked at the work you sent them yet.

Archived