What to do if you get an order but the buyer doesn't send any file?

itjpen

Just like the title says…

I received an order, but the buyer hasn’t attached a file in it, so I have no material to work on for the order.

Has anything like this ever happened to any of you? If so, what did you do?

I’m a bit worried because even in case the buyer will send me the file after I requested it, I might not be able to deliver in time anymore and I’d love to avoid that!

Request a revision. Of course, was it an order that required the seller to put a file? Suppose you wanted your press release posted on my blog, in that case I won’t give you a file but the link so you can see where your PR was posted.

Requesting a revision is your best tip, messages can get lost, specially if the seller is getting a lot of orders everyday.

Thank you very much for your answer!

Yes, it’s a translation gig, so the buyers should send me the file they want to have translated. I’ve never had problems with the previous orders as all the buyers sent me the files and a message at the time of the order, but this time the buyer…just ordered, directly, with no message nor attached files.

How exactly is that I can request a revision?

Sorry if this is a silly question but I’m fairly new as an active Fiverr seller, so there’s still a lot I don’t know.

Edit: I think there was a misunderstanding. I am the seller, not the buyer 🙂

The one not sending the file is the buyer.

Maybe the revision option is only for buyers…

The revision option is for buyers.

You can initiate the mutual cancellation through the Resolution center, and explain the buyer both on the order page and in the cancellation box that you don’t want to cancel, but can’t proceed without the file. The buyer should receive your request straight into his inbox, and hopefully he’ll send you the file soon.

If he doesn’t respond in two days, the cancellation will go through, and at least you won’t have a bad rating for being late.

Guest evpassino

This is timely, I have two orders with this issue right now. One isn’t due for another 10 days, so hopefully the buyer will respond, but the other one is due tomorrow morning. I will have no choice but to put through a cancellation request if I don’t get the info soon.

Archived