5.5$

eabirdie

I am sure a lot of people are going to be annoyed with the “nickel and dime” mentality that this fee represents. Seems as though Fiverr wanted to increase their bottom line, but realized that they were charging sellers a good portion of what the base item would cost ($5) and if they tacked on another .50 for us to pay, most of us would leave. (at least those of us in the Northern hemisphere) They couldn’t really do that, so they passed the fee and their raise onto the client, who is now feeling pick pocketed in a way!

GG

Guest d3services

Reply to @genuineguidance: I wouldn’t want to blame Fiverr about this. They have all the right to do so. Every business seeks different ways to generate profit and that’s the best way.

I agree that from a buyer’s standpoint, there’s no advantage and from a seller it’s even worse because there’s going to be a lack of buyers.

But if you think about it, you should be grateful that we have such a nice website and from which sellers can make a few quick bucks here and there.

So let’s be all positive and hope for the best!

It is impossible how this small fee has changed the market, I witness a HUGE declience in the number of orders and overall fiverr traffic. and traffic is what hold this house together or makes it fall apart. Less traffic = less engagement = less effort from the designers = less quality so I wonder if this fee will be of any help for the long shot. @d3services I don’t agree, this is not the way to introduce progress. Especially before christmas time 🙂

Guest itsyourthing

Reply to @eabirdie: I completely understand your position, but as a seller I ask that you consider sticking around long enough to contact Customer Service and explain that you are going elsewhere.

A small dip in sales that they surely anticipated before adding the fee won’t have any impact at all, and whoever came up with the idea will just brush it off as an ‘coincidental’ end-of-year slump. Fiverr needs to know that this fee is costing them revenue.

Please, if you can spare the time, let them know.

Archived