Gig Ranking Fluctuations

sultanarizia

Question

Why has my gig ranking dropped? I haven’t made any changes to the title, description, or keywords, but it seems to have fallen behind and is now showing up on the last page. I’ve been staying online as usual, so I’m wondering if there might be another reason for this. Any suggestions on how I can improve the ranking?

Note: The gig's progress was strong in the earlier days, but suddenly dropped within a single day. Are there any possible reasons?

• Like 2

7 answers to this question

33 minutes ago, sultanarizia said:

Why has my gig ranking dropped? I haven’t made any changes to the title, description, or keywords, but it seems to have fallen behind and is now showing up on the last page. I’ve been staying online as usual, so I’m wondering if there might be another reason for this. Any suggestions on how I can improve the ranking?

Note: The gig's progress was strong in the earlier days, but suddenly dropped within a single day. Are there any possible reasons?

I guess that your profile is ok overall, since you got 2 orders pretty fast. Your profile is a little more than a month old.

Gig placement will vary, the important thing is that impressions lead to clicks and clicks lead to orders. 

• Like 3

New sellers get a temporary boost from Fiverr and appear in the search results. For you, that boost is over. Now you have to earn your place in the search results yourself. If there are no more orders, you will slowly disappear from the search results because of your declining performance. The only solution is to get orders. Only then will you get visibility in the search results.

You don't expect Fiverr to put gigs at the front of the search results that no longer receive orders, do you?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

New sellers get a temporary boost from Fiverr and appear in the search results. For you, that boost is over. Now you have to earn your place in the search results yourself. If there are no more orders, you will slowly disappear from the search results because of your declining performance. The only solution is to get orders. Only then will you get visibility in the search results.

You don't expect Fiverr to put gigs at the front of the search results that no longer receive orders, do you?

Thanks for your clarification. I understand that Fiverr prioritizes gigs that are actively receiving orders. My goal is to improve my performance and get more visibility. Do you have any suggestions on how I can increase orders or better position my gig in search results? I’m open to any advice that could help me stay competitive.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, milos_siena said:

I guess that your profile is ok overall, since you got 2 orders pretty fast. Your profile is a little more than a month old.

Gig placement will vary, the important thing is that impressions lead to clicks and clicks lead to orders. 

Thanks for your valuable comment.

• Like 1

There can be several reasons why your Fiverr gig's visibility in search results might have decreased, even with a strong rating and level status. Here are some common factors to consider:

1. Competition: The Fiverr marketplace is dynamic, and new sellers can enter with competitive pricing and offers. If many new gigs have been added in your category, they could be pushing your gig down in search results.
  2. Gig Optimization: Fiverr algorithm changes may affect how gigs are ranked. Ensure that your gig title, description, and tags are optimized with relevant keywords. Regularly updating these can help maintain visibility.
  3. Activity Level: Fiverr considers seller activity when ranking gigs. If you haven’t been active or have not delivered orders recently, your gig may be deprioritized. Regularly engaging with potential buyers and maintaining a consistent order flow can help.
  4. Order Completion Rate: If you have had any cancellations or issues with recent orders, it may impact your ranking. Maintaining a high order completion rate is crucial.
  5. Response Rate: Fiverr tracks how quickly you respond to inquiries. A low response rate or slow response time can negatively impact your gig’s visibility.
  6. Customer Feedback: Even with high ratings, if you receive negative feedback or a drop in positive reviews, it can affect your ranking. Pay attention to any recent reviews and address any concerns raised by buyers.
  7. Niche Saturation: If your gig is in a highly saturated niche, it may be harder to maintain visibility. Consider diversifying your offerings or finding a more specific niche.
  8. Fiverr's Algorithm Changes: Fiverr occasionally updates its search algorithm, which can affect gig rankings. Keeping up with Fiverr's updates and community forums can provide insights into any changes.

To improve your gig's visibility, consider the following actions:

• Revise Your Gig: Update your gig description, tags, and images to make them more appealing and relevant.
  • Promote Your Gig: Share your gig on social media or relevant online communities to drive traffic.
  • Engage with Customers: Respond promptly to inquiries and maintain good communication with buyers.
  • Consider Upgrading: If applicable, aim for higher seller levels by improving your metrics, which can enhance visibility.

Monitoring your gig's performance and making adjustments based on feedback and trends is key to maintaining and improving your search ranking on Fiverr.