How long before someone needs to correspond to your request?

leahomar

Question

Hello. I am a buyer, and in most circumstances, once I submit a request, I get a response within 24 hours letting me know they've accepted it. This time around, it's been over a week. I provided the initial responses for details, and it says my work will be completed by September 17th, but I haven't heard anything from the seller. Is this normal? Or do I withdraw? I don't want to miss my timeline because of this, but happy to find another freelancer if this person isn't in a space to do this work. Or maybe not hearing is completely normal. 

• Like 3

4 answers to this question

Correct. The freelancer hasn't responded. I placed the order over a week ago, and status is Requirements Submitted, but Order In Progress isn't clicked yet. But it says it will be done on September 17th. I'm having a book cover created. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, leahomar said:

Correct. The freelancer hasn't responded. I placed the order over a week ago, and status is Requirements Submitted, but Order In Progress isn't clicked yet. But it says it will be done on September 17th. I'm having a book cover created. 

Oh. It seems the seller is offline and hasn't started the work yet. I'm although a writer and might help you in writing the book blurb, preface, foreword etc for you. Lemme know if you need help in finding someone to help you create the book cover. 

• Like 1