Customer requesting for email to complete payment

zewoha

Question

Hi! I am new to fiverr and just received a message from a customer stating that he needed my personal email to complete the payment.
Despite my doubts, I did send him my email, but not the email I mainly use, it is just a spare.
Upon my research, it has come to my attention that a few people mentioned how this is a scam.

I have since reported and blocked him, however, I would like to know what are the possible repercussions that comes with sharing my email? (in terms of gaining access to personal information as my spare email contains a lot of my personal information)
And what kind of measures I can take if I am at risk of potential breach of personal information?

Unlike some others that spoke about receiving a link, I did not receive any email from the customer.

Thank you for reading!

Edit: I did received 2 emails detailing that my item has been purchased and paid for in my spam folder. I have yet to open these emails. Please advice on what I can do next..

IMG_8171.jpg

Edited by zewoha
  • Like 1

1 answer to this question

1 hour ago, zewoha said:

customer stating that he needed my personal email to complete the payment.

Buyers do not need any details from your side to initiate the payments. They can directly order your gigs or accept your custom offers!

1 hour ago, zewoha said:

I did send him my email, but not the email I mainly use, it is just a spare.

It's a violation of terms, and you may get banned for sharing personal information (even if it wasn't your primary email).

1 hour ago, zewoha said:

Edit: I did received 2 emails detailing that my item has been purchased and paid for in my spam folder. I have yet to open these emails. Please advice on what I can do next..

Complete SCAM! They will then ask your bank details (or credit card details) in the name of verification (or order confirmation), and your bank balance will be zero!

• Like 2