Client not replying at the end moment and ignoring messages

neerpatel_007

Question

Client placed order for 11 video edits, he has only sent me 10 raw videos, after completing all 10 edits (he wanted 1 edit per day, which I shared him through WeTransfer website), i asked him to send me 11th raw video to edit, and he ain't replying now from last 5 days, and today was due date for delivery so I sent him all 10 video edits as final delivery, and wrote if he wants last video to be edited , then he can request revision, is that right thing to do?, i have attached the SS as well. Thanks! 

image.png

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 answers to this question

53 minutes ago, neerpatel_007 said:

Client placed order for 11 video edits, he has only sent me 10 raw videos, after completing all 10 edits (he wanted 1 edit per day, which I shared him through WeTransfer website), i asked him to send me 11th raw video to edit, and he ain't replying now from last 5 days, and today was due date for delivery so I sent him all 10 video edits as final delivery, and wrote if he wants last video to be edited , then he can request revision, is that right thing to do?, i have attached the SS as well. Thanks! 

As per Fiverr's TOS, it's considered "partial delivery" and is totally against the terms. This is why you should never start working on a project when you do not have 100% of the details and files.

Mistake 2: In these cases, you should not take any actions that violate the terms. Instead, you could have either extended the delivery time or escalated it to customer support so they can contact the buyer on your behalf or at least, assist you in a direction.

Sometimes, a buyer's intentions are not correct, and they do this on purpose. They can order multiple files, not provide 100% information (so you can not finish the order), later report your delivery as 'partial delivery' (which can lead to a warning), and get away with free work by somehow canceling the order. Another reason could be that the buyer does not want the 11th file anymore -- but this could also lead to a cancellation (due to the partial delivery).

Now, all you can do is wait for the buyer's next response -- or in the best-case scenario, the order will automatically be marked as complete.

• Like 3
  • Up 2

Hi @neerpatel_007, I recommend contacting the CS team, just to let them know what's going on and explain the situation. As @rawque_gulia explained in detail, sadly there are possible negative outcomes, however hopefully that won't happen and it will be a learning opportunity in case a situation like this one comes up again in the future. Good luck 🍀

• Like 3
  • Up 1