Celebrating 10 Years on Fiverr Today!

smartdezigns

16 hours ago, ibtisam_ch said:

Since you mentioned joining in 2014, back then there was may be less competition and buyer requests were there too. Today the competition and the number of people approaching Fiverr for freelancing has increased a lot. Do you believe thriving here needs more of motivation than going to edit or delete and re-share Gigs etc. if one sees no orders or progress in weeks or months. 

Honestly, Buyer Requests have never been helpful to me because mostly requests were full of spams or sellers were misusing that feature by promoting their services. I remember that I have sent only 60 buyer requests (proposal) but only 1 got approved. Afterwards, I started to get organic/direct orders so left using the buyer requests. Definitely, in 2014, competition was less in Graphic Design category. 

Your niche is Blog Writing/SEO Writing which is very competitive niche on Fiverr so competition is super tough. It's the same case here with me but luckily, I have tons of repeat buyers so I am doing well so far. Getting new clients as well but still repeat buyers are being good to me even though I have not 100% Repeat Buyers score. 

• You need to do some research on your niche.
  • Improve your gig galleries and show some of your previous work there if have any. (not referring to portfolio - but portfolio images are sort of blurry)
  • I cannot find any differences in your all 4 gigs. Any difference? One is Website Article and other one is Blog Writing.
  • Over-optimization of gigs continuously is not a good thing for your gigs. Just keep an eye on impressions and clicks. If they are increasing with the passage of time then it means your gigs are being shown to buyers, if not, then do some optimization else don't.

P.S. Thanks for your kind wishes.

• Like 3
  • Support 1

On 9/11/2024 at 1:55 PM, smartdezigns said:

Honestly, Buyer Requests have never been helpful to me because mostly requests were full of spams or sellers were misusing that feature by promoting their services. I remember that I have sent only 60 buyer requests (proposal) but only 1 got approved. Afterwards, I started to get organic/direct orders so left using the buyer requests. Definitely, in 2014, competition was less in Graphic Design category. 

Your niche is Blog Writing/SEO Writing which is very competitive niche on Fiverr so competition is super tough. It's the same case here with me but luckily, I have tons of repeat buyers so I am doing well so far. Getting new clients as well but still repeat buyers are being good to me even though I have not 100% Repeat Buyers score. 

• You need to do some research on your niche.
  • Improve your gig galleries and show some of your previous work there if have any. (not referring to portfolio - but portfolio images are sort of blurry)
  • I cannot find any differences in your all 4 gigs. Any difference? One is Website Article and other one is Blog Writing.
  • Over-optimization of gigs continuously is not a good thing for your gigs. Just keep an eye on impressions and clicks. If they are increasing with the passage of time then it means your gigs are being shown to buyers, if not, then do some optimization else don't.

P.S. Thanks for your kind wishes.

Hello Again!

I totally get your point of view and how it worked for you. This has been really great to read about your journey and is definitely very motivating for me being a lady from Pakistan as well.

Yes, I did make that mistake and the gigs are all too similar. Actually when I took the start, I had taken advice from some people and they said do not create different Gigs as that may cause issues in getting orders. Since I have experience with video editing, worksheets & workbooks creation etc. I thought to put up these services to see what works but I was advised to focus on similar kind of niche, but yes you and @katakatica mentioned rightly that even if I had to focus on writing niche only, I could offer variety.

But now I am wondering to not delete two or three of them and first see for a month at least if they work as I also read somewhere editing the Gigs can create problems. Otherwise, if you advise I think I can remove them and create a variety for sure.

thank you for giving suggestions along with your reply. It was really considerate and kind of you.

No need to say thanks. You deserve more.

Best Regards,

Ibtisam Ch

• Like 1
  • Support 1

34 minutes ago, ibtisam_ch said:

Actually when I took the start, I had taken advice from some people and they said do not create different Gigs as that may cause issues in getting orders.

Hello too

• Could you please elaborate "who are those people who advised you this useless advice"? They're wrong and have misguided you.
  • If you have multiple skills then you should create gigs based on them. One Fiverr account is for all categories.. So create gigs on video editing etc.
  • Delete other 3 gigs and keep 1 gig for SEO related writing. Afterwards, create new gigs based on your other skills. I hope it will work for you. 
  • You should not be that much worried about your gig ranking because you have not gotten a single order yet. So work on your gigs but avoid over-optimization of gigs. Also, create gigs very carefully. 

Good Luck!

• Like 2
  • Support 1

2 hours ago, smartdezigns said:

Hello too

• Could you please elaborate "who are those people who advised you this useless advice"? They're wrong and have misguided you.
  • If you have multiple skills then you should create gigs based on them. One Fiverr account is for all categories.. So create gigs on video editing etc.
  • Delete other 3 gigs and keep 1 gig for SEO related writing. Afterwards, create new gigs based on your other skills. I hope it will work for you. 
  • You should not be that much worried about your gig ranking because you have not gotten a single order yet. So work on your gigs but avoid over-optimization of gigs. Also, create gigs very carefully. 

Good Luck!

Hi!

I got your point totally now. 

I guess I totally can understand now that I have been misguided a lot. These were closely related people whom I know. I was even advised to get fake purchase or purchase from friend but that alarmed me and thank fully I turned towards the Forum and found rightful guidance and trusted my instincts to not do something unethical or wrong.

I will be following your advice. I will now take a day or two and focus on my expertise once more and do niche research as well and then create three new Gigs after taking proper time and doing proper research and avoiding any extra negative advices.

I am also going to take your point on over optimization! Thank you for pointing out that too.

I am really grateful to you! I am so sorry to ask a lot.

Thank you very very much. God Bless you!

• Like 3