Seeking Tips on Showcasing Previous Work/Portfolio Without Direct Images

hopedigital_one

Question

Hi everyone,

I’m new to freelancing on Fiverr and have my first gig almost up and running.

However, my challenge is that my previous work experience all involved managing social media accounts for companies, and I used images and content that belonged to them. As a result, I cannot directly showcase this work due to ownership restrictions.

I’m considering providing URLs of the Instagram accounts I managed when I connect with potential buyers. Would this be an acceptable practice, or are there other recommended methods to demonstrate my capabilities without directly displaying the images or content I used?

I'm also okay of displaying a warning on the ''About the gig'' page, something like : *Please note that I cannot provide a portfolio here of my previous work, as all images from prior projects were owned by my former employers.*

Thank you for any advice!

Best,
Catherine

• Like 2

3 answers to this question

19 hours ago, hopedigital_one said:

However, my challenge is that my previous work experience all involved managing social media accounts for companies, and I used images and content that belonged to them. As a result, I cannot directly showcase this work due to ownership restrictions.

Adding Instagram links would not be a recommended option -- and I personally find "Success Stories" to be the best way to showcase things when you can not display images. Without images, adding just text would be a very untrustworthy option, as people usually don't take text seriously (as it's hard to believe what you have written is really true or not).

But what you can do is ask your clients to volunteer and create a 20-30 second video on their 'success stories', explaining how your engagement and strategies in the project helped them. Then, you can create a compilation of a few videos where clients share their experiences and what they achieved while working with you.

Having videos in the portfolio is a perfect way to get attention and retain new clients.

• Like 2
  • Up 1
  • Support 1

These are great ideas from @rawque_gulia

Another idea would be to create an intro video explaining why you can't show a full portfolio. You can them direct them to the points mentioned above, along with some rationalle.   

Your customers will respect you more, and it shows you have a firm grasp of client confidentiality. 

Good luck in your journey

• Like 2
  • Up 1

Instead of featuring your work through images, write about case studies that go in-depth with the process you underwent as well some struggles and triumphs thrown along the way. Feature client testimonials for proof of success. Links to a finished project (website or published content) if it applies. Or you can get in details about the things related to your work within your gig descriptions or on the profile. Peg back skills/tools/techniques used to realize the final result. You might want to also think about making a PDF portfolio that is replete with text and project information, which can be shown as may apply.

• Like 1