Does Requesting a Time Extension Impact Success Score?

gfxfilms

Question

Hey everyone,

I have a question regarding time extensions and their impact on the success score. If we need more time to deliver work and ask the client for an extension, will this be considered a conflict order or negatively impact the success score in any way?

I've come across different opinions on this matter, and the conflicting information has left me quite confused. I would really appreciate it if someone with experience or knowledge on this topic could provide some clarity.

Thanks in advance for your help!

• Like 5

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, gfxfilms said:

the number of revisions doesn't affect your success score since it's more about how many revisions you are willing to offer.

Looks like you might be outdated. After the Success Score was introduced, customer support clarified in tickets that "revision" and "delivery time extension" can have an impact on the Success Score. Although these things do not "directly" impact the Success Score -- but they compare you with other competitive sellers in your niche and can indeed have an indirect impact (and this is exactly what I wrote in my previous message).

image.png.05aec534afb683b5c0de7ff9f1899a46.png

Bro, I'm asking about extending the delivery time before submitting any work or even sending the first draft (Before #1 Delivery).

Again, no matter if it's the revision or delivery time extensions, these things definitely have an impact on the Success Score -- otherwise, so many people wouldn't be sitting on a Success Score of 4 or 5. Obviously, FIverr considers every single metric, and we just don't know how much they impact! But based on statements made by Fiverr officials, it definitely has "some" indirect impact.

• Like 1
  • Up 1

I have a question regarding time extensions and their impact on the success score. If we need more time to deliver work and ask the client for an extension, will this be considered a conflict order or negatively impact the success score in any way?

Although no one has a definite answer as Fiverr has not given any clear clarification -- but I personally think that a few revisions won't harm your Success Score. The problem may occur if your competitor sellers are finishing a project in just 2 revisions (on average), whereas you take 7 revisions (on average).

Fiverr also knows that revisions are unavoidable, so you will of course not be impacted by each revision. Although revisions are unavoidable, what you can do is:

1. Keep 1 or 2 extra days in the delivery date, so that even if any revision comes, it will be finished within the original order timeline.
2. While delivering the order, educate the buyer that 'request revision' is only for when they need any adjustments. In case of general questions, they can simply ask in chats, as sometimes buyers just keep pushing revisions for clarification on 'general questions'.

• Like 2
  • Up 2
  • Facepalm 1

As @rawque_guliasaid, we do not have a clear answer about it. In my opinion, the effect behind the extension and many revision might be negative especially if it takes too much time and exceed the buyer's timeline. You encounter that sometimes if there was some misunderstanding or lack of details at the beginning. Therefore, they might leave a negative review.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, rawque_gulia said:

Although no one has a definite answer as Fiverr has not given any clear clarification -- but I personally think that a few revisions won't harm your Success Score. The problem may occur if your competitor sellers are finishing a project in just 2 revisions (on average), whereas you take 7 revisions (on average).

Fiverr also knows that revisions are unavoidable, so you will of course not be impacted by each revision. Although revisions are unavoidable, what you can do is:

1. Keep 1 or 2 extra days in the delivery date, so that even if any revision comes, it will be finished within the original order timeline.
2. While delivering the order, educate the buyer that 'request revision' is only for when they need any adjustments. In case of general questions, they can simply ask in chats, as sometimes buyers just keep pushing revisions for clarification on 'general questions'.

Bro, I'm asking about extending the delivery time before submitting any work or even sending the first draft (Before #1 Delivery).

Once you deliver the work and the buyer requests revisions, if the delivery time has already passed, it might show as a red mark, but this doesn't significantly impact your profile. Many sellers offer unlimited revisions, and certain types of work, like web development, naturally require multiple revisions. From my experience, the number of revisions doesn't affect your success score since it's more about how many revisions you are willing to offer.

My main concern is this scenario: Suppose today is my project delivery date, but due to unforeseen circumstances, I'm unable to complete the work on time. If I politely ask the buyer for a 1-day extension and then deliver the work after that additional day, will this impact the success score?

I've observed many freelancer friends who have orders in revision for nearly a month, but it doesn't seem to affect their success score as long as the buyer is okay with the extended timeline and doesn't leave negative feedback.

Can any other experienced freelancers share their thoughts on this?

Thanks!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, michmikaia said:

In my opinion, the effect behind the extension and many revision might be negative especially if it takes too much time and exceed the buyer's timeline.

Who asks for additional time extensions during revisions? Once the order is delivered and if you get a revision request, you should complete it as soon as possible. Asking for more time at that stage seems pointless.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rawque_gulia said:

Looks like you might be outdated. After the Success Score was introduced, customer support clarified in tickets that "revision" and "delivery time extension" can have an impact on the Success Score. Although these things do not "directly" impact the Success Score -- but they compare you with other competitive sellers in your niche and can indeed have an indirect impact (and this is exactly what I wrote in my previous message).

Yes, I was a bit confused about this because everyone seems to have different opinions. Even when I reached out to Customer Support, they didn't provide a clear answer.

But now I understand. I'll make sure never to ask for additional time from clients going forward!

Thanks for the clarification.

• Like 1