How long to wait for orders in a niche before switching to a new one?

laibah_amjad

Hello fellow sellers,

I've created data entry gigs but I'm not getting enough impressions or clicks. I'm considering switching to a new niche where my gig can rank faster. Can you please share your experience on how long to wait for orders in a niche before moving on to a new one?

Assuming I update my gig regularly (title, description, etc.), what's the maximum time I should wait for orders to come in? I'd appreciate any advice or insights from experienced sellers.

Thank you!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Hello fellow sellers,

I'm a new seller on Fiverr, and I've created a data entry gig. I've noticed that many established sellers advise new sellers to set low prices to attract buyers. However, with the new pricing structure starting at $20, I'm struggling to compete with existing gigs that offer similar services for $5.

My question is: how can I, as a new seller, attract buyers when my minimum price is $20, but there are existing gigs offering the same service for $5? I'm not getting any orders, and I'm worried that I'll never be able to compete.

If you're willing, please take a look at my gig (I'd be happy to share the link with you) and offer some feedback. I'd love to hear your thoughts on how I can improve and attract more buyers.

Thank you for your help and guidance!

1 hour ago, laibah_amjad said:

I've created data entry gigs but I'm not getting enough impressions or clicks. I'm considering switching to a new niche where my gig can rank faster. Can you please share your experience on how long to wait for orders in a niche before moving on to a new one?

If a niche is easily switchable/adaptable, it won't bring you success, as the market would already be over-saturated. Also, things that are easily adaptable for humans are most prone to AI and automated software -- and these will be the jobs that AI will take over first.

Learn a skillset that is not easily adaptable, such as Marketing, Data Engineering, Security Analysis, App/Website Development, etc. These fields will take you months to learn and years to master -- but in the long term, they will provide you a sustainable career.

Data entry or typing jobs won't bring you any success (or even a single sale).

• Like 1
  • Up 2

47 minutes ago, rawque_gulia said:

Data entry or typing jobs won't bring you any success

I fully agree with this statement.

@laibah_amjad 

You've been on Fiverr since August 2021. We don't see any review so most probably after 3 years you still haven't received any order.

You have 4 gigs. Three gigs "data conversion" and one gig "file conversions from PDF to Word or Excel". Everyone knows that you don't need any real "skills" for these services. There is a lot of competition for these services so the chance that you will get an order is almost non-existent.

Now you hint that you are going to switch to another niche. Which one? What are your skills?

Gigs rank high in the search results when they bring in orders. You can change niches a hundred times or even create new gigs, you will not rank without orders.

• Like 1
  • Up 2

3 hours ago, laibah_amjad said:

I've been dealing with the same problem for over 10 days now.

I explained 1 hour ago that you haven't sold anything for the past 3 years. Your gigs disappear from the search results.

Surely you can't expect Fiverr to put your 4 gigs that have made absolutely nothing in 3 years in the search results.

• Like 1
  • Support 2

3 hours ago, filipdevaere said:

I explained 1 hour ago that you haven't sold anything for the past 3 years. Your gigs disappear from the search results.

Surely you can't expect Fiverr to put your 4 gigs that have made absolutely nothing in 3 years in the search results.

Thank you for your response, but I must correct you. Just because my account has been on Fiverr for 3 years doesn't mean my gigs have been here for that long. I've recently created new gigs and I'm trying to promote them.

Additionally, I understand that Fiverr's algorithm prioritizes active and successful gigs, but that doesn't mean new gigs can't be given a chance. I'm not expecting special treatment, just a fair opportunity to showcase my services.

Lastly, I'd appreciate it if you could provide constructive feedback instead of making assumptions about my gigs' performance. Let's focus on helping each other grow on this platform.

4 hours ago, filipdevaere said:

I fully agree with this statement.

@laibah_amjad 

You've been on Fiverr since August 2021. We don't see any review so most probably after 3 years you still haven't received any order.

You have 4 gigs. Three gigs "data conversion" and one gig "file conversions from PDF to Word or Excel". Everyone knows that you don't need any real "skills" for these services. There is a lot of competition for these services so the chance that you will get an order is almost non-existent.

Now you hint that you are going to switch to another niche. Which one? What are your skills?

Gigs rank high in the search results when they bring in orders. You can change niches a hundred times or even create new gigs, you will not rank without orders.

Thank you for your honest feedback. I understand your point, and I appreciate your concern. However, I'd like to clarify that my lack of reviews doesn't necessarily mean I haven't received any orders. I've been focusing on improving my skills and services, and I'm now ready to expand my offerings.

Regarding my skills, I have experience in data entry, data conversion, and file management. I'm exploring new niches, such as virtual assistance, content writing, and social media management. I believe my attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to learn quickly will serve me well in these areas.

You're right; competition is high in my current niches, but I'm willing to adapt and evolve. I understand that ranking high in search results requires delivering quality services and earning positive reviews. I'm committed to doing just that.

Thank you again for your input. I'll take it into consideration as I move forward.

2 minutes ago, laibah_amjad said:

Just because my account has been on Fiverr for 3 years doesn't mean my gigs have been here for that long.

Indeed, this I cannot know.

3 minutes ago, laibah_amjad said:

but that doesn't mean new gigs can't be given a chance.

Fiverr gives all new sellers a temporary boost when they create gigs. After the boost, it's up to you. 

4 minutes ago, laibah_amjad said:

Lastly, I'd appreciate it if you could provide constructive feedback instead of making assumptions about my gigs' performance

I am stating the facts. You will see after a few months that I am right. 

4 minutes ago, laibah_amjad said:

competition is high in my current niches, but I'm willing to adapt and evolve.

Great, but virtual assistance, content writing, and social media management also have high competition.

• Like 1
  • Up 1

6 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

Indeed, this I cannot know.

Fiverr gives all new sellers a temporary boost when they create gigs. After the boost, it's up to you. 

I am stating the facts. You will see after a few months that I am right. 

Thank you for sharing your insights. I appreciate your willingness to help me understand how Fiverr's algorithm works. You're right, Fiverr does provide an initial boost to new sellers, and it's up to me to sustain that momentum.

I understand that you're stating facts based on your experience, and I respect that. However, I'd like to believe that my hard work and dedication will also play a role in my success on Fiverr.

I'll take your advice into consideration and focus on delivering quality services to my clients. I'm confident that with persistence and the right strategy, I can achieve my goals on Fiverr.

Thank you again for your input. I appreciate your candor and willingness to help

8 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

Great, but virtual assistance, content writing, and social media management also have high competition.

I understand that those niches are also competitive, but I'm willing to learn and adapt to stand out. I'll focus on finding a specific niche within those areas and delivering high-quality services to build my reputation and attract clients. Thank you for pointing out the competition, it helps me prepare and strategize.

You're lucky because the price difference between $5 and $20 isn't that big. As long as Fiverr doesn't force sellers to raise their prices, that gap will remain.

Keep in mind that those very low priced gigs have serious drawbacks:
a) They barely generate any revenue for Fiverr. As a result, Fiverr won't show a lot of those gigs in the search results. Fiverr is more than happy to show buyers slightly more expensive gigs because they can generate more revenue from them. You probably think there are a lot of $5 gigs in the search results, but you don't see the thousands of $5 gigs they're hiding. After all, there are only 960 gigs that can be shown in the search results. There are thousands of gigs available in the services you offer. Where do you think they are? Fiverr doesn't want to show them because it doesn't bring them enough profits.
b) The $5/$10 gigs are a magnet for scammers. Nobody wants those kinds of buyers.

• Like 1
  • Up 1
  • Support 1