My gig was denied for Fiverr's language policy, and they didn't warn me

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone, sorry for the rant, but I wanted to share a frustrating experience I just had on Fiverr. I've been on the platform for years, working consistently over the past few months, mainly making PowerPoint presentations for Italian customers. All this time, my service information was in Italian, and Fiverr never complained. I honestly didn't pay enough attention to their TOS about this issue, and it is my fault, but I don't know how this problem came out of nowhere after years of being on the platform.

In fact, everything has been going great until today when my gig got denied. I updated my gallery, and soon after, Fiverr notified me that all gigs must be in English, with additional languages allowed below the English description. They sent me an email asking to make changes and provided a link with additional information, but it didn't work. Based on their vague warning, I only changed the title since it was the only flagged part when I got to edit my gig. The rest, including description and pictures,seemed to comply with their algorithm. What really got to me was that I wasn't really warned about the possibility of my gig being denied if I didn't fully comply with their ambiguous language requests. It's disheartening to lose my gig without a clear warning. Now, I’m worried I'll have to create a new gig, starting from scratch without my reviews and success score.

What really hurts me is I've always been working hard and honestly. The presentations I was making were mine and clients were satisfied. I was doing a good job overall... For nothing, because out of nowhere I'm treated just like any other scammer. I don't think it is fair. I've already contacted the support service, but I feel like they will do nothing to help me. They will repeat the same vague thing about English being mandatory, even though some other text in other languages is accepted, and I know I lost my gig. I think I'll just wait and start over from a new gig hoping to not suddenly lose it after years of working. Sorry for the rant, anyway

Edited by matteomaci
  • Like 2

Just now, dponzio said:

Wouldn't it be quicker and easier for you to translate the whole gig from your gig editing page? Or is this denied at the moment?  deepl.com 

Unfortunately, I can't edit my gig since it is denied, and from what I've read elsewhere, it basically means it will not be reinstated. The problem is that Fiverr didn't clearly tell me I had to change every part of my gig. The title was flagged because it was "I will make a PowerPoint presentation in Italian" so I thought the issue was just the "in Italian" part of the title, since the description and gallery were not flagged. If I get my gig back, I will make sure to have all the text in English. I already knew about DeepL, but thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

As I thought, support service wasn't really helpful and I'm still waiting to know precisely what compromised forever my gig eligibility. I attach screenshots because they're self-explanatory.

Screenshot_20240603-192316.png

Screenshot_20240603-192328.png

• Like 1

Good morning everyone. I'm keeping this thread alive until any human from support service explains what happened to my gig and why was it denied. Today my success score has dropped. Seems like all the 5 star reviews that I got aren't worthy since the gig was in Italian!

I'm still waiting a proper answer from support service, but I remain hopeful that this issue can be resolved.

Screenshot_20240604-114613.png