Slow Pace Business

srennielsen

Question

Hi

So, I guess I am here to understand the "why" everything is so slow?

I'm getting orders now and then but it's not enough to make a living out of it. I would probably get 1 per week and I wish to increase that to 1 per day.

How can I make things go faster? I could use some valid tips

Thanks

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

4 answers to this question

Hi, fellow Dane.

I can see that you've gotten most of your sales from your translation gig. I read your gig description, and to be honest, I think most buyers would be put off by your English level. Based on the description, you don't seem totally fluent. Also, you keep mentioning that you got a 12 in English. Where did you get that grade? High school? You never mention it. So I suggest improving your English and your gig description. 

• Like 6
  • Up 4

Hey from another Scandi!

I've got to agree with vibronx on this one. Sure, most Scandinavians are proficient English speakers, but it takes more than that to wow buyers. You've got to really sell those benefits, not just in your gig description but in every delivery. There's a tough step from C1 to C2 because being fluent isn't just about understanding the language, but also being able to express yourself clearly and creatively. Your grades likely won't impress anyone. Show, don't tell. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 4
  • Up 3

Building on my previous post, you have 39 reviews, which suggests you haven’t yet established many long-term relationships with buyers. It takes time. Sure, I get a good amount of new orders, but I also have ongoing work with buyers I’ve built relationships with over the years. Those are your most valuable clients, and to earn (and keep) their business, you need to prove yourself over time. 

• Like 7