Fiverr: Our success scores wont be changing anytime soon

I am unsure if this is news to anyone else but when asking about an order cancelation I got the wonderful message: 

"Please note that the success score remains fairly stable over time. Each Gig’s history is examined to determine an individual score, relative to other freelancers in the same category and price benchmark." 

Yeah... they tried to back track after that with "Let's look at things from a brighter perspective." I am starting to really lost interest in fiverr.

• Like 3

I mean, people were complaining about losing their levels just because they canceled a few orders or were late due to sickness for example. Now that this system is not as harsh, people still complain. You can't please anyone, clearly.

The problem with this system is that it doesn't tell you if you're improving or if your score is going down. Plus, there are so many private, hidden metrics that you can't really know when and how or if the success score changes. I get it why some metrics are left in the dark, but it's definitely a disadvantage for sellers. If you don't know what was wrong and why people were not happy, how can you improve...

• Like 3
  • Up 1

I am pretty sure this new rating system of giving sellers a success score of less than 5 with no way of knowing what was wrong and why people were not happy was Fiverr's way of kicking them out of the platform.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Plus, there are so many private, hidden metrics that you can't really know when and how or if the success score changes. 

To be fair, we didn't get that info before. Nothing has changed in terms of transparency, except Fiverr's eagerness to tell us how transparent they are. 

• Like 3
  • Up 1

10 hours ago, smashradio said:

To be fair, we didn't get that info before.

True, I was adamant and even talked with my success manager that we should at least know our buyer satisfaction rate score, and I guess either my suggestion was heard or someone from the higher ups in the company had the same idea. There is a bit more transparency because at least we know what score each gig has. But that's where it all stops, unfortunately.

• Up 1