Scammers coming in as a buyer

Recently ive experienced different buyer scams on fiverr, one buyer came to me and i did his first project he even gave me a 5 start, and he gave me a new job, i did according to his description after showing him he told me to add more functions then i told him he will pay more though the second job was suppose to be 1500$ but he paid half before i started the job but i trusted him because he gave me a project before, i agreed to do the additional job but immediately i showed him again he started requesting for cancellation.

The second scammer did something similar after doing a job and showing him he immediately told me its not working i should cancel.

The third scammer also after finsihing the job, he started ranting about how the job i did was a total disaster, but because of my two experience i made a video while doing his job but i never showed most important part, despite the video evidence fiverr decided to cancel the order after the buyer already gets what they want.

I noticed and concluded that Fiverr only protects the buyers even if they are scammers, even if it clearly shows this buyer is scamming the seller, Fiver will never protect The sellers on the platform.

I learnt from my lessons and i know what to do moving forward in order to protect this scam from happening to me again, if anyone has any tip for me ill gladly listen.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

21 minutes ago, zarachtech said:

Recently ive experienced different buyer scams on fiverr, one buyer came to me and i did his first project he even gave me a 5 start, and he gave me a new job, i did according to his description after showing him he told me to add more functions then i told him he will pay more though the second job was suppose to be 1500$ but he paid half before i started the job but i trusted him because he gave me a project before, i agreed to do the additional job but immediately i showed him again he started requesting for cancellation.

The second scammer did something similar after doing a job and showing him he immediately told me its not working i should cancel.

The third scammer also after finsihing the job, he started ranting about how the job i did was a total disaster, but because of my two experience i made a video while doing his job but i never showed most important part, despite the video evidence fiverr decided to cancel the order after the buyer already gets what they want.

I noticed and concluded that Fiverr only protects the buyers even if they are scammers, even if it clearly shows this buyer is scamming the seller, Fiver will never protect The sellers on the platform.

I learnt from my lessons and i know what to do moving forward in order to protect this scam from happening to me again, if anyone has any tip for me ill gladly listen.

please contact with fiverr support. send them screenshots. 

• Like 1

I had a couple of buyers recently who went nuts on the first delivery with a big batch of critical nonsense and demanded to cancel.  To me that's a form of scamming.

Nearly all cancelations over the years have been cranks or scammers. It's extremely rare to get a cancellation from a reasonable person who has a legitimate issue.

The new policy of sellers not being able to review cancelling buyers encourages these rouge types while keeping the funds in Fiverr's pocket for longer (cash flow affects valuation.)

• Like 1

It's always beneficial to conduct a little research about the buyer:

1- Check how long they've been on the Fiverr platform, their rating, and any comments from previous sellers.
2- Look them up on social media if possible.
2- Visit their website if available.

These steps can provide valuable insights before engaging with the buyer.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

"These steps can provide valuable insights before engaging with the buyer."

Many times difficult types buy from the gig page with no prior contact. The solution is for Fiverr to limit cancellations a buyer can have in terms of numbers and frequency. 

• Like 1