HELLPPPP!!! PRESS AND HOLD

I am prevented from getting my orders by a crude popup that looks suspiciously like a takeover of fiverr instructing me to "PRESS AND HOLD" .. 

WHAT IS THIS ????   Cannot communicate with my sellers, cannot get deliveries, cannot place new orders. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, will998 said:

Cannot even communicate with fiverr customer support .. this popup blocks everything.  Luckily, I guess, this community subdomain does not have the same thing

Amazing got the same thing trying to sign in even at the forum just now.  No special  blockers  in use on my browser, though some control of third party cookies in place.  

fiverr_block.png

• Like 3

Happened to me before multiple times, never had problems, just pressed and held as requested. There are multiple reasons for this message; for me, it was because I was opening too many gigs too quickly, and maybe the system thought I was a bot. Make sure, as stated, you don't use suspicious software/extensions like auto page reloaders, as this is not allowed by Fiverr's TOS. 

Edited by kokoha
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

The “Press Allow to verify, that you are not a robot” notification page is a social engineering attack that tries to trick you into subscribing to push notifications so that it can send unwanted advertisements directly to your desktop.

May be the end of my brief career as a fiverr buyer. 

Edited by will998
goodbye fiverr
  • Like 3

Here is a bit more data: even the browser "ctl-U" which is to give the source of the web page is captured by this malware.   It calls up a "userway.org" panel -- something never seen before; it makes download speed go in to the single BITS ...

This is MALWARE, friend 'Fiverr'. One of your programmers might have thought it was cute, or is engaging in power grabs, but really .. this is not healthy stuff and you should not be putting it out in public.  

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Author of this c**p "onetrust-consent-sdk" .   The capture of control-U done by a  script in onetrust-consent-sdk.  "_REACT_DEVTOOLS_GLOBAL_HOOK .. do 'function()'.   

We know the web is a bad place but a business using so many freelancers might try to be better in character. 

Edited by will998
dffa
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...