How do I make a powerpoint available for live portfolio when I send it to the customer

remikkrekora

Question

@vickieito Hi Vicki, I wanted to ask you about the live portfolio. I deliver business names to customers and recently switched from sending over the names in the word format to sending them over in a powerpoint (pptx file). Will the customer be able to use the powerpoint as an image in the review?

Remik

• Like 4

2 answers to this question

I've recently switched from send over my work in a word document to powerpoints and i wonder what i have to do in order for the powerpoint i deliver to the customer to be able to be used in the live portfolio when a customer reviews my work.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, remikkrekora said:

@vickieito Hi Vicki, I wanted to ask you about the live portfolio. I deliver business names to customers and recently switched from sending over the names in the word format to sending them over in a powerpoint (pptx file). Will the customer be able to use the powerpoint as an image in the review?

Hi @remikkrekora, I usually create a unique delivery image (i.e., jpeg file) for my customers to accept. Editable files such as PowerPoints and Word documents won't be shown as delivery images. I also deal with personal and sensitive information (such as names and contact info) that I need to blur or remove before the sample is acceptable as a delivery image. For my writing gigs, I'll just include a summary of the services that I provided on a PowerPoint slide (and then save it as a jpeg). You do have to be careful to select the right file if there are multiple files in your delivery (in that case, it might be best to put the actual delivery in a zip folder along with the delivery image so that the wrong image (with confidential information) is not accidentally posted to your image gallery.

• Like 3