Fiverr Mistakenly Sent 2 First Warnings, Negatively Impacting My Earnings

On October 8th, 2023, I received a first warning from Fiverr, cautioning me not to send messages to other users to promote or offer one of my Fiverr Gigs, services, or websites. Since I had not engaged in such activity, I requested Customer Support (CS) to provide me with the specific message in question. A few days later, they responded, informing me that the warning had been mistakenly issued and had been successfully removed from my account. They also confirmed that my account currently does not have any active warnings.

Again, on November 5th, 2023, I received another first warning from Fiverr, indicating that my account had been flagged for purchasing or selling with the intent to falsely increase ratings and/or levels. As I had not been involved in such actions, I asked CS to point out the specific instance in question. Once more, a few days later, they replied, stating that the warning had been mistakenly issued and had been successfully removed from my account. They reiterated that my account currently does not have any active warnings.

However, despite the removal of these two false first warnings, my main gig was de-ranked, and I observed a significant decrease in impressions, as illustrated in the graph I shared. The blue columns represent the impressions of my main gig, the yellow columns represent the clicks, and the red line represents the dates I received warnings.

Even though the warnings were lifted, the negative effects persist, and I am facing penalties for actions I did not commit. I sincerely hope to regain the previous level of order activity soon.

image.jpeg.9f4fad02e229a4b4b3987581c32d2ed2.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

3 minutes ago, priyan87 said:

Even though the warnings were lifted, the negative effects persist, and I am facing penalties for actions I did not commit. I sincerely hope to regain the previous level of order activity soon.

Hi @priyan87, Sorry you had to experience two false flags in a row! Unfortunately, Fiverr relies heavily on this automated algorithm and can't change eligibility requirements that are based on this automated system. This can be frustrating, especially since this system falsely flagged your account twice.

Like you, I had to deal with the negative side effects of this automated system. My Fiverr account was hacked last year, and I lost eligibility to several programs for several months (the hacker withdrew all my Earnings and shut down my Fiverr account - this caused a mass cancelation of all orders in queue). Seller stats were immediately affected (I went down to a Level 1 Seller status), but these stats were also corrected very quickly (within a week I was back to Level 2). The stats that affected me the most were the hidden stats (based on the automated algorithm) that caused me to lose my Seller Plus eligibility for a month, the Early Payout Feature for two months, and TRS eligibility for four months. 

However, after four months, I was promoted to TRS, so I did recover from the negative stats that were affecting my account. You should be able to recover as well. Hopefully, your repeat clients can carry you until you can start getting organic traffic again! I wish you the best of luck!

• Like 7
  • Up 3

13 hours ago, vickieito said:

Hi @priyan87, Sorry you had to experience two false flags in a row! Unfortunately, Fiverr relies heavily on this automated algorithm and can't change eligibility requirements that are based on this automated system. This can be frustrating, especially since this system falsely flagged your account twice.

Like you, I had to deal with the negative side effects of this automated system. My Fiverr account was hacked last year, and I lost eligibility to several programs for several months (the hacker withdrew all my Earnings and shut down my Fiverr account - this caused a mass cancelation of all orders in queue). Seller stats were immediately affected (I went down to a Level 1 Seller status), but these stats were also corrected very quickly (within a week I was back to Level 2). The stats that affected me the most were the hidden stats (based on the automated algorithm) that caused me to lose my Seller Plus eligibility for a month, the Early Payout Feature for two months, and TRS eligibility for four months. 

However, after four months, I was promoted to TRS, so I did recover from the negative stats that were affecting my account. You should be able to recover as well. Hopefully, your repeat clients can carry you until you can start getting organic traffic again! I wish you the best of luck!

Hello, @vickieito. Thank you for your comment.🙂

It's disheartening to see how Fiverr's automated algorithm can sometimes cause more frustration than assistance.

Whoa! Your experience sounds even more challenging than mine. I used to enjoy Seller Plus eligibility before this incident. However, I'm glad to hear that your account eventually returned to normal and you achieved TRS status.

Regrettably, the nature of the service I provide (Business Names & Slogans) means I don't have many repeat clients, as typically, one client equals one business. So, for me, it's a waiting game for organic traffic to pick up.

Wishing you continued success, and thank you for the encouraging words! 🙂

• Like 6