Brand New, No Substantial Social Following. Recommendations for getting impressions?

pacaza

Question

Is the only way to get impressions is by marketing your gig yourself with social media? Because, I honestly don't even know how to get impressions on my social media posts... haha. Does anyone have any recommendations for getting my first impressions for my gig? Because I have a feeling it will stay at 0 unless I proactively do something to get myself going. If it is because my niche is too competitive, does that mean I don't even have a chance and am wasting my time? Any help would be appreciated greatly! Thank you for reading! 🙂 By the way, my first and only gig I've created so far is for mixing and mastering music. Not sure if that info will help but there you go 🙂

Edited by pacaza
  • Like 7

2 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, pacaza said:

Is the only way to get impressions is by marketing your gig yourself with social media? Because, I honestly don't even know how to get impressions on my social media posts... haha. 

This 'share on social media' is an unsubstantiated rhetoric, which a lot of people keep harping on the forum. It's better to ignore this noise. 

Only way a NEW GIG can mark its presence and grow is by being rich in content, unique+professional in its description and compelling through its gig imagery. Use and fill every available option in the gig creation form, add gig video/portfolio (if available) and wait for the first push, which the algorithm always provides to a new gig. And then you need to ride the wave by converting enquiries into orders, when those impressions arrive.🏃‍♂️ 

Little bit of beginner's luck is always required, besides doing the due diligence and being thorough with the gig. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1