Late delivery impacts lots than you think.

rumonmrb

Late delivery impacts more than you think. After extending the time of order in the order period, my gig went down to its rank and lost its clicks huge. Though it happened for the client's server-side problem, I couldn't deliver at the right time. I have no hand on that.

For another order, it is going to happen. I took 20 days for delivery in the order time. However, the client submitted their contents after 12 days. So I have 8 days to deliver.

I'm afraid I willn't able to deliver at the right time this also. So my gig will face another shot.

Edited by rumonmrb
  • Like 20

3 hours ago, rumonmrb said:

I took 20 days for delivery in the order time. However, the client submitted their contents after 12 days. So I have 8 days to deliver.

I'm afraid I willn't able to deliver at the right time this also. So my gig will face another shot.

Better to discuss with your buyer and request for delivery extension.. But be honest in explaining everything i.e. reason.

• Like 19

4 hours ago, smartdezigns said:

Better to discuss with your buyer and request for delivery extension.. But be honest in explaining everything i.e. reason.

The delivery extension will not help you from gig de-ranking if you fail to deliver within the first order delivery time.

• Like 16
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

If you are really afraid of gig de-rank then complete and deliver the project before deadline if you can. :classic_mellow:

Yes, that's the only solution. but do you think is this fair for the gig if you deliver on extended delivery time?

Edited by rumonmrb
  • Like 14
  • Up 3

26 minutes ago, rumonmrb said:

Yes, that's the only solution. but do you think is this fair for the gig if you deliver on extended delivery time?

Yes it's fair. If it was not fair then why do we even have an option of Delivery Extension? Just focus on delivering quality services whether you ask for an extension or not. 

• Like 15

46 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

Yes it's fair. If it was not fair then why do we even have an option of Delivery Extension? Just focus on delivering quality services whether you ask for an extension or not. 

Sorry mam, you don't get me. try to understand that your gig will also be de-ranked if you deliver in extended delivery time.

• Like 15
  • Confused 2

34 minutes ago, rumonmrb said:

Sorry mam, you don't get me. try to understand that your gig will also be de-ranked if you deliver in extended delivery time.

It has never happened with me whenever me/buyers extended the delivery time (rare case= delivery extension).

Honestly, why are you focusing on gig de-ranking when it is different for each user? Instead, you should focus more on impressions and clicks.

• Like 13
  • Up 1

Just now, smartdezigns said:

It has never happened with me whenever me/buyers extended the delivery time (rare case= delivery extension).

Honestly, why are you focusing on gig de-ranking when it is different for each user? Instead, you should focus more on impressions and clicks.

My impressions and clicks went down when I delivered on an extended delivery time.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Just now, rumonmrb said:

My impressions and clicks went down when I delivered on an extended delivery time.

That's not the reason. WordPress is a very competitive niche on Fiverr. And other sellers of the same niche are performing better than you that's why it happened. Secondly, other reason is your gig gallery which is not attractive enough to grab buyer's attention mainly primary gig image. You can improve them further. 

Good Luck!

• Like 14

I think it's not such a big problem, and every seller faces it sometimes - gig ranking is a metric that changes all the time, and that's normal. For example, when you go on vacation and temporarily deactivate your account, the metrics will be zero and then increase again. Same here - it's just a matter of time

• Like 10

Being a seller from several years, I do not think the information you have given is correct. 

1) Extending the delivery time before the delivery date DOES NOT MARK as Late Delivery
2) Take enough amount of days before starting the order and I would suggest take few days extra to tackle unfortunate events.

3) In case of buyer not responding, giving requirements after some days. Extend the delivery few days back itself and do not wait for the last 2-3 days to do it. 

As an experienced seller I would suggest keeping a realistic delivery date where you deliver the quality work and complete it within that frame. If the order does not get completed within the timeframe given by you, then yes buyer can get mad and also report about it as ultimately time is money.

• Like 11

On 12/17/2023 at 5:16 PM, rumonmrb said:

The delivery extension will not help you from gig de-ranking if you fail to deliver within the first order delivery time.

If the buyer accepts it then it shouldn't be a problem, of course, this has to be done before the order gets marked as 'late'. 

• Like 13