Pausing Gigs

aerofunk80

Question

I have a question about pausing gigs. I do Fiverr part-time, and want to slow down some of my orders due to personal issues, plus my regular full-time job. However, I don't want to stop doing gigs for my current customers. Basically, I don't want any new customers right now.

If I pause my gig, can people still message me on Fiverr if I'm already in their inbox? Can I also still send them custom offers with my gig paused?

If not... are there any recommendations to keep my current customer's but turn down/stop new customers?

• Like 5

4 answers to this question

2 hours ago, aerofunk80 said:

If I pause my gig, can people still message me on Fiverr if I'm already in their inbox? Can I also still send them custom offers with my gig paused?

Hi @aerofunk80 - I set my gigs on "Hold" by setting the orders in queue to zero - this takes my gigs off the marketplace but still allows current customers (and any other customers) to order from me through custom offers that I send them. I like this method because it still keeps my gigs active but it keeps things nice and quiet in my inbox.

Any other methods seem to make my regular customers think that I'm not in operation (such as using the Out-of-Office feature). Pausing gigs also makes them disappear from my profile page (which also confuses my buyers), so using the orders in queue feature seems to work best for my customers

• Like 7
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, aerofunk80 said:

When you have your gigs set to "Pause," Will that actually cancel all of your active orders? So... don't pause when you have active orders? Is that correct?

No, it's perfectly okay to pause your gigs while you have an active order. It won't cancel anything in progress.

It just confuses my current customers when I do that or use out-of-office mode (which ends up as more messages and inquiries in my inbox from current customers). They can't place orders in either of those cases unless you unpause or come out of out-of-office mode.

I've noticed that I still get impressions and clicks when I'm out-of-office and when using the orders-in-queue set to zero, so I still get new buyer inquiries (but not as much since the impressions are less than 100).

• Like 5