Buyer who wants to cancel already completed project

mtt_harrison

Question

9 answers to this question

@mtt_harrison,

If you accept their cancellation request, you lose all that and the payment.

On top of that, they may be able to leave a review, if you delivered the product.

Try to negotiate with them.

You have the right to decline the cancellation request, if the service was provided as promised.

There is an option to provide a partial refund as well.

In any case, try to discuss the project with your clients thoroughly before accepting an order (if possible).

Alternatively, there is a feature called 'Request to Order' that is available to Seller Plus members. This turns direct orders off and requires buyers to talk to the seller before placing an order.

I am one of the least experienced sellers when it comes to cancellations as I only have 1 in hundreds of orders but, I hope that this helps.

Spyros.

Edited by sunboatrecords
  • Like 10
  • Up 4

2 minutes ago, sunboatrecords said:

@mtt_harrison,

If you accept their cancellation request, you lose all that and the payment.

On top of that, they may be able to leave a review, if you delivered the product.

Try to negotiate with them.

You have the right to decline the cancellation request, if the service was provided as promised.

There is an option to provide a partial refund as well.

In any case, try to discuss the project with your clients thoroughly before accepting an order (if possible).

Alternatively, there is a feature called 'Request to Order' that is available to Seller Plus members. This turns direct orders off and requires buyers to talk to the seller before placing an order.

I am one of the least experienced sellers when it comes to cancellations as I only have 1 in hundreds of orders but, I hope that this helps.

Spyros.

How eligible can one be for a partial refund? I'm going to investigate this, thank you very much for your comments!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, mtt_harrison said:

How eligible can one be for a partial refund? I'm going to investigate this, thank you very much for your comments!

There must be an option at the resolution center. It's on the bottom right of the order page. I have never used it, so I could be wrong.

Edited by sunboatrecords
  • Like 10

48 minutes ago, mtt_harrison said:

You might have no option of Partial Refund. Not sure about that. See an inserted image below regarding Partial Refunds:

partial-refund.PNG.3ddb98a8bc2196bdef70c5cdfe3b3764.PNG

Link: https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/15770574712977-Partial-refunds

Source: Fiverr Help Center > Order management > Cancellations & refunds

1 hour ago, mtt_harrison said:

Hello, I would like to know, what happens if a buyer wants to cancel a project that I have finished and he do not like it, do I lose all my effort and time dedicated to this project or is there a way for this not to be lost? 

Why don't you try to delivery quality work in such a way that buyer happily accepts it? If he/she dislikes your work, then discuss with the buyer and sort out the issues. Fix the errors and re-deliver it. 

• Like 9

On 11/20/2023 at 1:00 PM, smartdezigns said:

You might have no option of Partial Refund. Not sure about that. See an inserted image below regarding Partial Refunds:

partial-refund.PNG.3ddb98a8bc2196bdef70c5cdfe3b3764.PNG

Link: https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/15770574712977-Partial-refunds

Source: Fiverr Help Center > Order management > Cancellations & refunds

Why don't you try to delivery quality work in such a way that buyer happily accepts it? If he/she dislikes your work, then discuss with the buyer and sort out the issues. Fix the errors and re-deliver it. 

Thank you very much to everyone for your comments, but to clarify, it's not about "delivering a quality product" since I always fulfill that requirement. What I'm discussing in this post (which I didn't mention) is about the scammers on the platform. It has happened to me about 2 or 3 times since 2020 that a buyer wanted only one offer, and then didn't like it and took the entire product for free. Nowadays, I try to avoid such situations with milestones, but I still created this post to hear your opinions or seek different assistance.

Edited by mtt_harrison
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, mtt_harrison said:

Thank you very much to everyone for your comments, but to clarify, it's not about "delivering a quality product" since I always fulfill that requirement. What I'm discussing in this post (which I didn't mention) is about the scammers on the platform. It has happened to me about 2 or 3 times since 2020 that a buyer wanted only one offer, and then didn't like it and took the entire product for free. Nowadays, I try to avoid such situations with milestones, but I still created this post to hear your opinions or seek different assistance.

Well you should have told the whole scenario..

Hsve you tried to contact Fiverr Support regarding your issue (order cancellation). If your case is strong then they will reimburse you.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

On 11/21/2023 at 9:53 PM, smartdezigns said:

Well you should have told the whole scenario..

Hsve you tried to contact Fiverr Support regarding your issue (order cancellation). If your case is strong then they will reimburse you.

The truth is that I never did it but I will try to do it next time, thank you very much!

• Like 5