Can I use my family members’ bank accounts to withdraw my funds

kianusteve

Question

I am not a US resident and my bank account (Payoneer) is not working at the moment. Can I use my family members’ paypal account to withdraw my funds if they are US residents? Will I have to pay any tax or additional fee for doing so?

Edited by kianusteve
typo
  • Like 3
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

6 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, kianusteve said:

Can I use my family members’ bank accounts to withdraw my funds if they are US residents?

Why would you lie about your location? Obviously Payoneer will try to match your location with the account, and if they are different, that's not ok. Use your own account, if you use someone else's account, that might lead to major issues in the future. You can't just add and remove accounts as you please, pretty sure you can only use your own account and you can't change it. After all, most sites like Payoneer or PayPal just allow you to have one account. So..

• Like 9
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Why would you lie about your location? Obviously Payoneer will try to match your location with the account, and if they are different, that's not ok. Use your own account, if you use someone else's account, that might lead to major issues in the future. You can't just add and remove accounts as you please, pretty sure you can only use your own account and you can't change it. After all, most sites like Payoneer or PayPal just allow you to have one account. So..

i didnt lie, my payoneer isnt working. but i have relatives in the us with paypal. I was hoping I could link their paypal account to my fiverr account.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, kianusteve said:

but i have relatives in the us with paypal

You have to realize that the entire story looks sketchy. My Payoneer is not working at all but "conveniently" I have someone in the US that uses another platform which can get the money for me. I am not saying you're lying but the entire story seems sketchy. That being said, if it is true.. ideally you don't want to do that either.

What exactly happened to your Payoneer account? Did it get banned?

• Like 7
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1