No Longer getting ANYTHING!!

geohillierneo

Long story short.... I started on Fiverr last December as a voice artist. In the first 3 months I had over 20 orders. I was over the moon. I soon moved up to Level 1.... and then it all changed. 

Orders stopped coming in, impressions went down. So I added another gig. Made no difference.

Right now, I have FIVE gigs, all with very professional pictures, all with better quality demo reels than my first gig had, all with better prices than my original gig, and I've had ONE order in the last THREE months!!? Has this happened to anyone else? It's really depressing me right now and of course Fiverr won't give a rational explanation or help in any way coz they don't give a s**t. 

Edited by geohillierneo
  • Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm wondering if a 4.3 rating like the one you had would put someone in the dungeon--assuming their private review, which has more weight, was the same and not worse. Maybe someone else has more insight.

All I know is that my 1-star review put me in the dungeon for about 5 months, and that whole time I was not really aware of how the algorithm worked (even though it's still mysterious). I did everything you did, frantically, and it took a lot of time and energy. I wish there would've been some sort of notification of duration of stay in the dungeon. It was such a bad mental space to be in, not knowing no matter how awesome I made everything...it wouldn't matter.

At any rate, I hope that your duration is coming to an end soon. Although, it gets slow for the holidays. :(

Edit: by "in the dungeon" I mean that you are not given exposure on the platform for a certain amount of time.

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

On 11/3/2023 at 10:14 PM, mandyzines said:

I'm wondering if a 4.3 rating like the one you had would put someone in the dungeon--assuming their private review, which has more weight, was the same and not worse. Maybe someone else has more insight.

All I know is that my 1-star review put me in the dungeon for about 5 months, and that whole time I was not really aware of how the algorithm worked (even though it's still mysterious). I did everything you did, frantically, and it took a lot of time and energy. I wish there would've been some sort of notification of duration of stay in the dungeon. It was such a bad mental space to be in, not knowing no matter how awesome I made everything...it wouldn't matter.

At any rate, I hope that your duration is coming to an end soon. Although, it gets slow for the holidays. 😞

Edit: by "in the dungeon" I mean that you are not given exposure on the platform for a certain amount of time.

Hey @mandyzines,

I'm in the same boat. I had a 5-star rating, but then I got a 4.3 from a buyer who was happy with the work but not very clear from the start and demanded more. They gave a positive review but with a 4.3-star rating. Since then, I've only gotten two more orders in the month of August, and there's been almost no client reach ever since. I'm getting more and more depressed and demotivated, because I don't understand how the algorithm works.

It's a tough time for me, but I'm still trying to get through it by following all the rules, being online almost 18 hours a day, and even creating two new gigs. But it's still barren. The only order I got this month was from one of my regular buyers.

I don't know what else to do. 😞

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, maheennadeem814 said:

Hey @mandyzines,

I'm in the same boat. I had a 5-star rating, but then I got a 4.3 from a buyer who was happy with the work but not very clear from the start and demanded more. They gave a positive review but with a 4.3-star rating. Since then, I've only gotten two more orders in the month of August, and there's been almost no client reach ever since. I'm getting more and more depressed and demotivated, because I don't understand how the algorithm works.

It's a tough time for me, but I'm still trying to get through it by following all the rules, being online almost 18 hours a day, and even creating two new gigs. But it's still barren. The only order I got this month was from one of my regular buyers.

I don't know what else to do. 😞

I do wish that there was a timeout notification of sorts, so that we're not spinning our wheels devoting so much time and attention to updating things that might very well be exactly what we needed to do but can't know until we're out of an unsaid disciplinary period of sorts that we don't even know about.

I just completed a long project about psychological health and safety for employees and contractors, and apparently there's a global push by financiers for employers to develop and standardize related programs.

I don't know if this is why @Yoav.M was on a mission to see what Fiverr could offer in terms of helping the psychological health of Fiverr freelancers, but I did bring up how badly this impacts us. My approach was how Fiverr could change Fiverr, and I'm not sure if that was the direction they wanted to go.

Feeling helpless or hopeless are probably the most internally destructive feelings.

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 3
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 3

On 11/3/2023 at 2:48 PM, geohillierneo said:

It's really depressing me right now and of course Fiverr won't give a rational explanation or help in any way coz they don't give a s**t. 

Why would they explain anything? They are not paid or have to give you anything. They just offer a platform where you can sell, whether you sell or not, they don't care. They will get a cut of your sales and that's about it.

In your case, and also in my case, along with other people, it all comes down to AI. 2023 really messed up a lot of accounts here on Fiverr due to AI. There are plenty of AI voiceover tools that people can use, and they are less expensive than a VO professional. So obviously a lot of people in these niches ended up losing a ton of work. It's sad because there's a lot of great talent here without work, but it is what it is. Also, your last review might be attached to a bad private review, because Fiverr also asks people for private reviews, and in those cases, they say if they liked the work, if it was useful or not. Obviously if anyone says anything negative, that affects your account quite a bit. So it might be that, or a combination of that thing with AI taking a lot of the voiceover service market by storm.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Why would they explain anything? They are not paid or have to give you anything. They just offer a platform where you can sell, whether you sell or not, they don't care. They will get a cut of your sales and that's about it.

In your case, and also in my case, along with other people, it all comes down to AI. 2023 really messed up a lot of accounts here on Fiverr due to AI. There are plenty of AI voiceover tools that people can use, and they are less expensive than a VO professional. So obviously a lot of people in these niches ended up losing a ton of work. It's sad because there's a lot of great talent here without work, but it is what it is. Also, your last review might be attached to a bad private review, because Fiverr also asks people for private reviews, and in those cases, they say if they liked the work, if it was useful or not. Obviously if anyone says anything negative, that affects your account quite a bit. So it might be that, or a combination of that thing with AI taking a lot of the voiceover service market by storm.

I see that there's been a push to make people think that their voice over needs can be satisfied with synthetic replacements, but until I stop seeing countless posts elsewhere for $5 - $10 per 10 minute YouTube narration calling for humans then I can't think that just the lower end work's been taken away--let alone the mid to upper range work. 

Yes. YouTube's the beginning of my gauge. :)

Also, I'm not sure if you saw Yoav trying to assemble a round table for improving mental health, but it did happen. So, it appears as if they do care. Maybe one day we'll get one of those nifty biometric monitors as a part of Seller Plus. 

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 4
  • Up 3

22 hours ago, mandyzines said:

I don't know if this is why @Yoav.M was on a mission to see what Fiverr could offer in terms of helping the psychological health of Fiverr freelancers, but I did bring up how badly this impacts us. My approach was how Fiverr could change Fiverr, and I'm not sure if that was the direction they wanted to go.

Mandy, I'm glad you're speaking out about this, and I hope that Fiverr will have a look at their policies. They need to understand how their policies and practices impact freelancers. Whether it is Ai or something, still there must be an explanation idk. We have to keep going, what else we can do. 

• Like 4

One thing that worked for me that night work for you is editing your gig description. I was getting over 1000 impressions a day in September, then in October, my impressions was in the double digits for basically the whole months. So I went to edit my gig description, lowered my price and the next 2 days, my impressions increased to 9000 and 8000 respectively. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1