What's the point?!

mikegorliak

Question

I don't understand, and I believe many people here share the same sentiment.

The ranking of closed orders keeps dropping, even if I close orders one after another.

Why does the ranking drop by 7% if a customer cancels the order due to their failure? Additionally, when you successfully close an order, you only regain 1% of your rank.

Why are the rules so unfavorable to us as customers, who pay such high fees on Fiverr?!

• Like 4
  • Up 1

1 answer to this question

1 hour ago, mikegorliak said:

Why are the rules so unfavorable to us as customers, who pay such high fees on Fiverr?!

It's Math (though I understand your feelings!) If you have 12 orders and 1 cancellation, for example, your completion rate will be about 92% (so you will go from 100 to 92.) If you deliver, say, 3 more orders (so it's 15 out of 16 that you complete, that will be just under 94. The jump upward isn't as big because that's how counting works (I might be slightly off with the numbers, but the theory is the important bit, right?

In addition to THAT, only orders in a 60-day period count, so it's possible that you might deliver 3 more orders but 'lose' two in the process (as you delivered them, say, 63 days ago now.)

That being said, if your customer cancels for a reason outside of your control (e.g. they don't need your product anymore for whatever reason, they ordered the wrong thing, they want too much and refuse to pay more, etc.) you MIGHT be able to get your rate corrected by CS. This depends on the reason why you had a cancellation, but I've been helped out before. 

The rules aren't unfavourable (though you need to know how to ask for help if needed, etc.) it's just due to how the calculation behind the % work. 

• Like 6
  • Up 1