My very first oder was cancelled

nengieke

My very first oder on fiver was cancelled by the buyer because he was not comfortable doing business with someone from my country.. which he could have confirmed where I am from before placing his oder but instead, placed the oder and then asked me where I am from then cancelled. I am a new seller and this has affected me badly. 

My second other went well and everything, buyer was satisfied with my work but he would not rate or give me a review and didn't respond when I asked to pls leave a rating or review. It has affected me. What do I do?

• Like 15
  • Sad 6

1 hour ago, nengieke said:

What do I do?

Just keep going! You managed to get two orders, and while one was canceled, you clearly have the ability to bring in orders. I think buyers are less likely to leave reviews for your gig as it's personal in nature. Buyers might not want to reveal to the world that they're lonely and that they paid somebody to be their friend/talk to them.

Just don't try to push them to leave a review—some people might get angry and leave you a negative review if you push them too much. Let them leave a review of their own volition. They will if they want to. I never asked for a review even once, and I got quite a few of them.

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 26
  • Up 3

On 10/18/2023 at 4:10 PM, vibronx said:

Just keep going! You managed to get two orders, and while one was canceled, you clearly have the ability to bring in orders. I think buyers are less likely to leave reviews for your gig as it's personal in nature. Buyers might not want to reveal to the world that they're lonely and that they paid somebody to be their friend/talk to them.

Just don't try to push them to leave a review—some people might get angry and leave you a negative review if you push them too much. Let them leave a review of their own volition. They will if they want to. I never asked for a review even once, and I got quite a few of them.

Your post is always informational and I loved it very much.

• Like 11

On 10/18/2023 at 4:01 AM, nengieke said:

My very first oder on fiver was cancelled by the buyer because he was not comfortable doing business with someone from my country.. which he could have confirmed where I am from before placing his oder but instead, placed the oder and then asked me where I am from then cancelled. I am a new seller and this has affected me badly. 

My second other went well and everything, buyer was satisfied with my work but he would not rate or give me a review and didn't respond when I asked to pls leave a rating or review. It has affected me. What do I do?

Keep going, friend, and you'll be rewarded as your experience and reviews grow together. with additional orders.

• Like 11

You can informed this cause(order cancellation) to fiverr CS. They will help you to make that without any effect to your account. But, hope, you did not made any error as a seller. 

Second thing, you can't asking a positive feedback from your client. that will be a reason for suspend your account. 

• Like 8