About changing the display name

xlab_srilanka

Question

The Fiverr account I have worked with for years is in the name of my business. (Creative Agency) I intend to rename it (Display name)  with my name so that it will be easier to introduce to my buyers. Will this cause any problems?

Edited by xlab_srilanka
  • Like 3

4 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, xlab_srilanka said:

I intend to rename it (Display name and Account full name)

You should be able to change the display name (though I don't know if there are limits on how often) but you can't change your username (if you wanted to you'd need to close the account then start a new one - with different settings eg. different contact details etc - though you could check with CS), but if you closed it you'd lose all your reviews.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It is possible that changing your display name on Fiverr could hamper your impressions or clicks, but it is not guaranteed. It depends on a number of factors, including:

How well-known your current display name is. If your current display name is something that customers are familiar with and associate with your gigs, then changing it could cause some of them to lose track of you.
How relevant your new display name is to your gigs. If your new display name is not as relevant to your gigs as your current display name, then it could make it more difficult for customers to find you when they search for gigs in your niche.
How well-optimized your gig titles and descriptions are. If your gig titles and descriptions are well-optimized for relevant keywords, then customers will still be able to find your gigs even if they don't recognize your new display name.
Overall, it is important to weigh the pros and cons before changing your display name on Fiverr. If you are concerned about hampering your impressions or clicks, you may want to consider keeping your current display name or choosing a new name that is similar to your old one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1