Is it okay to make a post about a Fiverr project on my LinkedIn profile ?

Guest lemunad

Question

I recently worked on a great project on Fiverr and I'm wondering if it's okay that I make a post about it to my LinkedIn community as I believe it's a boost to my profile and resume, I won't be sharing any personal info about the buyer and the post will be just some text with screenshots of code I wrote, will that be okay or will I be violating some TOS ?

2 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, lemunad said:

and the post will be just some text with screenshots of code I wrote, will that be okay or will I be violating some TOS ?

Did you deliver the code to the buyer? Did you say in the gig/order who will own the copyright to the code?

If the copyright to the code is now owned by the buyer I assume you'd have to ask their permission. Though if you said they wouldn't get copyright of it then it should be okay without their permission (as long as there's nothing confidential).

The TOS has this:

Privacy & Identity - You may not publish or post other people's private and confidential information. Any exchange of personal information required for the completion of a service must be provided in the Order Page. Sellers further confirm that whatever information they receive from the Buyer, which is not public domain, shall not be used for any purpose whatsoever other than for the delivery of the work to the Buyer. Any users who engage and communicate off of Fiverr will not be protected by our Terms of Service.

And

Intellectual Property Claims - Fiverr will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright or trademark infringement, and/or violation of third party’s terms of service. Our Intellectual Property claims procedures can be reviewed here...

It might be better to create a made up (example) project that isn't for a specific buyer that you could show the code for instead (then there wouldn't be the questions about rights/permissions).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2