Confused on needing to change the gig price

anihime

Question

I recently logged in to my account to see that one of my gigs needs to be updated. However, it won't accept any price lower than $40 for any of my packaging. I'm not sure why my account is being pushed to such high prices. I want my gigs to be affordable and the gig in question is not worth $40, I don't believe it is at least.

Has this happened to anyone else? Do I lose the gig if I don't update the prices within a certain time period? What can I do if I have to update the prices to $40 or higher?

Please let me know, I'm a bit confused.

• Like 11
  • Up 2

6 answers to this question

21 minutes ago, anihime said:

I'm not sure why my account is being pushed to such high prices. I want my gigs to be affordable and the gig in question is not worth $40, I don't believe it is at least.

HI @anihime, if you really want to stick with the prices you have, increase your word count. I typed in "ghostwrite my book" and the first gig that popped up said 30,000 words for $40 (so this seller is offering much lower rates per word than you are). You could just list 14,000 words for $40 and that would be close to the same rate as what you currently have. You can instruct the buyers to reach out to you for quotes on projects with fewer word counts.

• Like 11

Fiverr has added a base price for gig categories and sub categories and other options you select on the edit gig page.

In the wordpress section (relates me), the base price changes according to sub categories you select.As workground for this some sellers started offering the same gig in different sub categories to offer minimum rates than other sellers. which I think is unfaire to sellers who chose right catogaries for theire gigs    

• Like 12

6 hours ago, vickieito said:

HI @anihime, if you really want to stick with the prices you have, increase your word count. I typed in "ghostwrite my book" and the first gig that popped up said 30,000 words for $40 (so this seller is offering much lower rates per word than you are). You could just list 14,000 words for $40 and that would be close to the same rate as what you currently have. You can instruct the buyers to reach out to you for quotes on projects with fewer word counts.

What I'm ghostwriting is not for an entire book, but for a chapter of a book. That's why I want lower prices. $40 for one chapter is too much.

Edited by anihime
  • Like 9

7 hours ago, anihime said:

What I'm ghostwriting is not for an entire book, but for a chapter of a book. That's why I want lower prices. $40 for one chapter is too much.

I won't argue with you on this statement (I do disagree, but I know that there was a time when I sold my writing for the same price, so I'd be a hypocrite if I said too much about that) but adjusting your wordcount/offerings really seems to be the only way. Fiverr wants people who earn them more money, which is, well, understandable.

I think they are slowly trying to push most sellers to reflect real market prices (ghostwriters off-site CAN be insanely expensive!).

That being said, if you're new, I know it's not easy to get going with 'higher' prices, but it does look like everyone will be held to those standards at least!

As for what could be done...

Could you maybe offer more with one chapter? (say, detailed outline, etc., if needed?) and do custom offers if they only want the writing? I think that could be a way to make it a bit more flexible. 

• Like 10

I have updated my gig information! I will be offering multiple chapters instead of one now. Hopefully it'll help, but I know there's room for improvement. Is there more I can do or any information that could be added to improve the gig?

On 8/21/2023 at 3:22 AM, katakatica said:

Could you maybe offer more with one chapter? (say, detailed outline, etc., if needed?) and do custom offers if they only want the writing? I think that could be a way to make it a bit more flexible. 

I've included the outline for two packages at the moment. As for the custom offers, I'm not sure what custom offers are included with ghostwriting jobs.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, anihime said:

Is there more I can do or any information that could be added to improve the gig?

Hi @anihime - in your FAQs, you share your portfolio website, which violates Fiverr's ToS (especially since it shares your email and has a contact form).

Instead, put those samples directly in your gig gallery. You are allowed 1 video, 3 photos, and 2 PDFs (so get creative and share as much as you can with your potential buyers)! The more portfolio samples you share, the higher chances you have that one will resonate with the buyer and that will be what gets them chatting with you in the inbox chats (and hopefully that leads into an order).

As a new buyer (with zero sales and zero reviews), my portfolio was the reason why buyers were contacting me and how I got my first orders. So, show samples of all of your writing in your portfolio samples (game, script, poems, short stories, etc.).

If you are really keen on sharing a portfolio website link, these are the approved URLs that you can use:

image.thumb.png.cd83dacfccfacdf3b5b33ed7c86ae7b5.png

• Like 8