Gig lost it's rank for no reason! Even not found in the earlier ranked top keywords! Please help

classy_missy

Hello there,

This is Rasvi speaking. I've been with this marketplace since 2021. In the last 9 months, one of my gigs received over 20k impressions and 30+ orders per month. However, the rank of the particular Gig has dropped for no apparent reason since the beginning of August! Previously, this gig was ranked first in two keywords: "vintage t-shirt" and "hand drawing t-shirt." It was always on the first page and within the first 1-2 rows. This was also a 'Fiverr choice' gig in the 'Hand drawing t-shirts' tag. I've also finished some Fiverr choice orders with five-star ratings last month.

I updated the gig with a hand-drawing video a week ago, however, the ranking did not drop last week. The ranking has dropped dramatically since the beginning of this month, as evidenced by the attachments in the graph. I've also attached a graph of my performance over the last three months.
Please keep in mind that I have never received a warning or penalty from Fiverr.
How can I regain my former ranking? 'Promoted gig' is not something I want to purchase. I want to earn money the same way I did last year. Is Fiverr pushing me to purchase a "Promoted Gig"?
Gig link: https://www.fiverr.com/s/g2YkBb

Regards,

Rasvi

gi.jpg

gig graph.jpg

gig graph last 3 months.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Hi Rasvi, I am experiencing the same problem. My gigs were good until last month, they suddenly dropped. I think it has something to do with promoted gigs. Is the quality of the gigs good enough to be promoted? or any notice that you have a quality problem? 

Edited by joseph1863
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, joseph1863 said:

Hi Rasvi, I am experiencing the same problem. My gigs were good until last month, they suddenly dropped. I think it has something to do with promoted gigs. Is the quality of the gigs good enough to be promoted? or any notice that you have a quality problem? 

I am unaware of the promoted gig strategy too. I always avoided that $10 promoted gig gift offer. 
And I always do provide quality work even though I take 7-8 days to hand draw a single project. I don't know how the quality was compromised, where all my reviews of the last two months were 5 stars.

• Like 6
  • Congrats! 1

5 hours ago, classy_missy said:

within the first 1-2 rows.

Your results are not the same as everyone. Every person sees different results based on locations, filters, etc. Also, no one will guarantee any position in search. Maybe someone gave you a bad private review, these things happen because a lot of buyers don't realize those private reviews hurt sellers, and they just complete them randomly.

For both you and the other person, you are in a VERY competitive category so obviously a lot of people can surpass you. There can be a lot of things in the background that pushed you back in search. And sometimes Fiverr will do that anyway just to allow some newcomers to shine as well. But keep in mind, you are not guaranteed any position in search, and search results are very flexible, depending on what the person is looking and gig/account performance. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, classy_missy said:

Hello there,

This is Rasvi speaking. I've been with this marketplace since 2021. In the last 9 months, one of my gigs received over 20k impressions and 30+ orders per month. However, the rank of the particular Gig has dropped for no apparent reason since the beginning of August! Previously, this gig was ranked first in two keywords: "vintage t-shirt" and "hand drawing t-shirt." It was always on the first page and within the first 1-2 rows. This was also a 'Fiverr choice' gig in the 'Hand drawing t-shirts' tag. I've also finished some Fiverr choice orders with five-star ratings last month.

I updated the gig with a hand-drawing video a week ago, however, the ranking did not drop last week. The ranking has dropped dramatically since the beginning of this month, as evidenced by the attachments in the graph. I've also attached a graph of my performance over the last three months.
Please keep in mind that I have never received a warning or penalty from Fiverr.
How can I regain my former ranking? 'Promoted gig' is not something I want to purchase. I want to earn money the same way I did last year. Is Fiverr pushing me to purchase a "Promoted Gig"?
Gig link: https://www.fiverr.com/s/g2YkBb

Regards,

Rasvi

gi.jpg

gig graph.jpg

gig graph last 3 months.jpg

Hi Rasvi, Seems like you have got bad private feedback may be more than one. I am not saying your services are bad or the customer was not satisfied. This happened to me as well. Some clients might rate you bad or not up to mark or could be better in private no matter what. I have learned to live with it. The max we can do is give our best and hope for the best. This normally fades off within 3 months(Sorry I am not sure of the exact time. Please correct me if I am wrong). However, in the meantime, you can get more than 5 stars from your existing/ regular clients and get more positive feedback. Which will make the process faster. 

Regarding promotion - I feel Fiverr is a huge platform. Every category has thousands of talents. If out of those say 3 % are the best. Still, it's way too much for Fiverr to suggest to clients. So no matter how good you are at some point promotion helps. Apple does it. One has to be one step ahead of the competition. And one of the tools is Promotion. Which can help in reaching out to clients/ new clients. I have seen all the big companies with best product do it. So I believe you should  go for it.

Hope this helps. 

Thanks

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

11 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Your results are not the same as everyone. Every person sees different results based on locations, filters, etc. Also, no one will guarantee any position in search. Maybe someone gave you a bad private review, these things happen because a lot of buyers don't realize those private reviews hurt sellers, and they just complete them randomly.

For both you and the other person, you are in a VERY competitive category so obviously a lot of people can surpass you. There can be a lot of things in the background that pushed you back in search. And sometimes Fiverr will do that anyway just to allow some newcomers to shine as well. But keep in mind, you are not guaranteed any position in search, and search results are very flexible, depending on what the person is looking and gig/account performance. 

Thank you, Sir, for your valuable words. I know that sometimes Fiverr will push me back for giving chances to newcomers. But It is not about pushing back! The gig is vanished from those ranked keywords even after narrowing down the search by enabling the local and online sellers. I don't mind If my gig is pushed back to the 10th or 20th page! Isn't it weird?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...