Advice on getting my 1st client?

ciscodeleon

Question

Hello. I am very new to Fiverr and I'm hoping to get a client ASAP. I've looked the resources and also advertised my fiverr account around my social media circles but up till now I am not getting anyone who I can work with.

I don't know if i'm doing something wrong, if there is help that fiverr can give in getting the first client, or if the community can help bring someone over. Is it ok to have some advice or help on this?

• Like 17

11 answers to this question

• Try to start from low competitive keywords
  • Use same keyword in title and multiple times in the description
  • high quality and relevant gig images with less text or video is more preferable 
  • Try to be online more n more
  •  Share ur gig everywhere and try to bring clients from outside of plateform
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, queen_pak said:
  • Try to start from low competitive keywords
  • Use same keyword in title and multiple times in the description
  • high quality and relevant gig images with less text or video is more preferable 
  • Try to be online more n more
  •  Share ur gig everywhere and try to bring clients from outside of plateform

Do you have any suggestion for low competitive keywords?

• Like 10
  • Up 1

11 hours ago, ciscodeleon said:

Hello. I am very new to Fiverr and I'm hoping to get a client ASAP. I've looked the resources and also advertised my fiverr account around my social media circles but up till now I am not getting anyone who I can work with.

I don't know if i'm doing something wrong, if there is help that fiverr can give in getting the first client, or if the community can help bring someone over. Is it ok to have some advice or help on this?

Hello too

Read this article and ignore info on Buyer Requests

• Like 12

10 hours ago, queen_pak said:

Try to be online more n more

WRONG! Staying active or being online does not help you at all. This myth is spread by sellers who lack knowledge about how Fiverr works.

How many times do I or someone else need to tell you this? Please stop giving the wrong advice to other sellers.

• Like 11

Hello @filipdevaere,

You have become a pro seller, so Fiverr has also gained trust in you, and you can receive orders based on your rating, However, new sellers do not have any ratings, so they need to build their ratings by staying online. It is necessary for them to be online because if a buyer comes across their gig and likes it, they would want to place an order. But they won't do so if the seller is offline.

48 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

WRONG! Staying active or being online does not help you at all. This myth is spread by sellers who lack knowledge about how Fiverr works.

How many times do I or someone else need to tell you this? Please stop giving the wrong advice to other sellers.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, mrubaid820 said:

However, new sellers do not have any ratings, so they need to build their ratings by staying online. It is necessary for them to be online because if a buyer comes across their gig and likes it, they would want to place an order. But they won't do so if the seller is offline.

That changes nothing, a new seller won't get an order just because they are online. If the seller is offline and a buyer comes across their gig and likes it, the buyer can leave them a message. Or they can just place an order, you don't need to be online to receive an order, makes no difference.

If you mean to say new sellers can only get orders from buyers that need to receive the final product now, and that can't just send a message or place and order and wait, then they are going nowhere as sellers anyway. Buyers that act like that are buyers you shouldn't want, that's a red flag.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 11
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

That changes nothing, a new seller won't get an order just because they are online. If the seller is offline and the buyer comes across their gig and likes it, the buyer can leave them a message. Or they can just place an order, you don't need to be online to receive an order, makes no difference.

If you mean to say new sellers can only get orders from buyers that need to receive the final product now, and that can't just send a message or place and order and wait, then they are going nowhere as sellers anyway. Buyers that act like that are buyers you shouldn't want, that's a red flag.

You are correct too, but there are also buyers who don't place orders after seeing offline. And I'm not talking about staying online 24/7 here, just being online as much as you can comfortably manage

Edited by mrubaid820
spell mistake
  • Like 8

30 minutes ago, mrubaid820 said:

new sellers do not have any ratings, so they need to build their ratings by staying online. It is necessary for them to be online because if a buyer comes across their gig and likes it, they would want to place an order. But they won't do so if the seller is offline.

Don’t forget that buyers who are searching for online sellers are in many cases the worst buyers that you can get.

These buyers know that a lot of desperate sellers stay online and are dreaming about their first order. They abuse these sellers. A buyer like this will give you a very low price, he will be very demanding, and maybe he will not pay you at all after delivery.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

Don’t forget that buyers who are searching for online sellers are in many cases the worst buyers that you can get.

These buyers know that a lot of desperate sellers stay online and are dreaming about their first order. They abuse these sellers. A buyer like this will give you a very low price, he will be very demanding, and maybe he will not pay you at all after delivery.

yeah, you are right, thanks for the guide.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1