My gig has completely disappeared from the search (2 orders were cancelled)

wasimulvari

Question

Last month, my 2 order was cancelled in a row. I was ill during that period. I managed to submit one of the orders, but the buyer cancelled the other one, and I had to cancel another order myself. At that time, I continued to receive messages from other buyers, but I had to decline the work due to my health situation. I was completely ill, unable to even sit. However, I am now ready to work, but I am not receiving any new orders.

My gig receives a maximum of 9-12 impressions per day and does not appear in search results. even when filtered by country and online sellers. It doesn't even appear on the last page. I am feeling depressed and never thought I would be in this situation.

I try to be active for more than 12 hours a day and also engage in proper marketing. I have also contacted my previous buyers, but I still haven't been able to manage an order. I also contacted support, and they said they are unable to do anything.

What should I do now?image.thumb.png.f48a23bfa62fc8579d0e13424567d076.png

• Like 9
  • Sad 2

7 answers to this question

Well canceling orders is a problem and it will end up bringing issues like either being removed from search or having less impressions. So yes, that's what most likely happened in your case.

There's not a whole lot you can do. Promote your gigs wherever you can, deliver any orders you do receive on time and ensure you go overboard with your work and customer service. 

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Well canceling orders is a problem and it will end up bringing issues like either being removed from search or having less impressions. So yes, that's what most likely happened in your case.

There's not a whole lot you can do. Promote your gigs wherever you can, deliver any orders you do receive on time and ensure you go overboard with your work and customer service. 

Thank you, sir. However, at this moment, I don't have any promotion options, and I'm not receiving any orders. Now, my question is, will my gig come back after a certain period of time? I've heard that order completion only affects for two months. Is this true?

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, wasimulvari said:

I don't have any promotion options,

I didn't mean Promoted Gigs. Regular gig sharing on social media and other platforms, everything you can.

3 minutes ago, wasimulvari said:

I've heard that order completion only affects for two months. Is this true?

It does but if you don't have any orders within the next two months, that won't really matter since there's no incentive for the Fiverr algorithm to push you because you offer great work. But yes, cancellations are only taken into account over the past 2 months. 

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

I didn't mean Promoted Gigs. Regular gig sharing on social media and other platforms, everything you can.

It does but if you don't have any orders within the next two months, that won't really matter since there's no incentive for the Fiverr algorithm to push you because you offer great work. But yes, cancellations are only taken into account over the past 2 months. 

Thanks, again

• Like 10

On 6/25/2023 at 9:42 PM, donnovan86 said:

Hi Donnovan,

thank you for your insights. Do you have any additional knowledge about other things like bad private reviews and stuff regarding the time it takes to recover. Because I had the same problem going down from 2000 organic impressions to basically 0 now for a month. What you say makes sense that Fiverr has no incentive to push it again yet the question remains why would it not if I once I had traffic had multiple orders per day for that gig. 

So do you know anything about the time it takes for other "bad reviews" or "cancellations" to recover from and will it always be the case to not return organically if there is no orders in between because the work and results that have been achieved before shouldn't be for nothing right? 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, markenbuilder said:

So do you know anything about the time it takes for other "bad reviews" or "cancellations" to recover from and will it always be the case to not return organically if there is no orders in between because the work and results that have been achieved before shouldn't be for nothing right? 

Last year around this time I had a rather vindictive buyer that ended up leaving a pretty bad review, and I assume a bad private review too. It took months to actually start receiving consistent orders from new buyers. So yeah, it can take quite a long time. Continue working on your gigs and also try to find some extra ways to generate income in the meantime. Because, especially with the new review system and changes, you might have inconsistencies when it comes to earnings.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Last year around this time I had a rather vindictive buyer that ended up leaving a pretty bad review, and I assume a bad private review too. It took months to actually start receiving consistent orders from new buyers. So yeah, it can take quite a long time. Continue working on your gigs and also try to find some extra ways to generate income in the meantime. Because, especially with the new review system and changes, you might have inconsistencies when it comes to earnings.

Hi again,

thanks for the insights. So was it similar to my case where the organic impressions completely dropped into irrelevance? And how long did it take to recover exactly if you still know that? Because giving sellers no way to know about if they can ever expect to return to getting sales is just no way of planning business with the site due to a couple of bad private reviews. Nobody is talking about the majority of great reviews in the prior time.

I currently have the problem that it says "Not promotable (Unqualified) "The gig can not be promoted right now, due to possible quality issues" - which means I have 0 traffic. Any experience with that?

Thanks again.

• Like 4