Fiverr remove my trending gig that has no violation of TOS

yishakabrham297

Question

I had a trending gig all 5 stars and fiverr suddenly removed my gig without warning or notifying me what's wrong with the gig. They say the category is not matched with the gig but they should notify me to change the category before removing. And also it shows disrespect to a freelancer 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 answers to this question

Hi @yishakabrham297,

Sorry to hear that happened to you! However, categories can't be changed on your gigs (only subcategories can). So that's why Fiverr removed the gig.

Is this your web applications/Saas gig?

And when you mean trending, do you mean that you are getting high impressions? Because if that's the case, you might have gotten a lot of irrelevant impressions since you were in the wrong category. Which category were you in and which category did Fiverr recommend to you?

You should have the ability to create a new gig under the right category. The good news is, the gig only had 4 reviews (and the good reviews are still on your profile). So it's just a matter of setting up the same gig under the correct category.

• Like 4

If I were you, I would get my new gig set up as quickly as possible because you won't get orders, ratings, or earnings without that gig up. If it was doing good in the wrong category, it might do better in the correct category (but you'll have to monitor and see).

• Like 4

Please create a help desk ticket to find out which category they recommend. They may be able to reinstate your gig that was shut down if you can show how relevant it was to the category that you were in. If not, at least you will know which category you need to be in.

• Like 4