spam buyer messages

mazzama

Question

Hello guys,

I have been in a long break from Fiverr, and I am trying to recover my account rating, and get back on track.

I am glad that I was selected to join Fiverr seller plus a few days ago, and I thought that this might have a positive impact on my impressions. 

But my gig is still on the last page, and I am receiving continues spammy messages. It is quite scary.

I think maybe my gig is promoted on the dark side of the internet or something LOL

The confusing thing is, the more I report them or interact with them, the more they come. I am tempted to just ignore them.

but I am worried about my inbox response rate, which is already bad, and I am trying to improve. 

Any advice? Fiverr support was always kind and helpful, but I don’t want to annoy them if not necessary. 

Best Regards 

• Like 9
  • Sad 5

6 answers to this question

It seems writers get the most spam, I get some but not torrents. If you mark them immediately as spam then it shouldn't affect your response rate, but I believe if you click on report and select spam that way then you still need to reply to make sure your response rate isn't affected.

You could set up a quick response just for spam. I usually just reply with "No thanks" and then mark the messages as spam. It's irritating. Hopefully it will slow down. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, leannelrivers said:

It seems writers get the most spam, I get some but not torrents. If you mark them immediately as spam then it shouldn't affect your response rate, but I believe if you click on report and select spam that way then you still need to reply to make sure your response rate isn't affected.

You could set up a quick response just for spam. I usually just reply with "No thanks" and then mark the messages as spam. It's irritating. Hopefully it will slow down. 

Thank you. I hope it slows down a bit. I tend to report and block them right away, but they come one after the other, especially when I interact with them in any way, even reporting them. For example, I am ignoring 2 right now and didn’t report them. This way I got a 30 min peace of mind.

Goodness! 

• Like 11

On 4/6/2023 at 1:18 PM, leannelrivers said:

Thank you

• Like 9

On 4/8/2023 at 4:25 AM, dev_sayed said:

It is best that you resolve this issue by talking to the fiverr support team

I am waiting for their reply, what worries me the most that, those spam messages don't even show as clicks on my gigs analytics, seem like they are targeting my profile directly or something. 

• Like 7