I want to rank my first main Gig, how can I did?

shiponforaji

23 hours ago, melanielm said:

Besides everything the experienced sellers stated above, the advice is so generic as to be useless. Optimize everything. Well, yes. We should all make everything as optimized as possible, but what does that mean?

This thread is a good example of how to find (and not find) quality guidance on the forum. It is out there. It takes more effort than this to find it.

So you say how can we get more orders.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2023 at 4:43 AM, katakatica said:

How can you guarantee this? Thing is, someone might have good (look-wise) gigs but still fail. Why would that be? And what is considered, say, an optimized title in this case? 

I think if you're trying to advise other sellers, concrete tips are a lot more helpful. You see a lot of people list the exact same tips as you do, but... I think, especially, new sellers need information that is more specific. If you can't provide that, maybe you should still be posing questions yourself instead. (of course, it's hard to judge based on a single topic, but...)

You try it. This is how everyone works. And maximum people suggests it.

Cap2ture.PNG

Edited by shiponforaji
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, tativiana said:

Guys, if you are here just to critique @shiponforaji, I think it's better you ignore this forum thread and let it go. YOU ARE NOT HELPING AT ALL.

As I noob, I totally appreciate your tips, Shipon. You have 8 orders? It's enough to me. Even if you have only one, I still think you're sucessful.

Don't you mind about those "experts" critiquing your tips. I think it's better to read from a novice like me than an "expert" far from my reality.

God bless you! :classic_happy:

Thanks a lot! 🙂

He provided absolutely no value. He's not doing this for your benefit. He's doing this because he thinks (wrongly) that this will help him get sales. It won't.

It clogs the forum. And no, it's not best to read from a novice. They're a novice from a reason. If you go to college to study, would you rather the teacher was somebody without any schooling? That's crazy. You want the PhD. The experienced sellers know what works and what doesn't. They've done it. They've failed more than the novices have even tried.

Not to mention, they have access to information new sellers don't. They have success managers. Some of them (Frank D, for example) have even been invited to go to Fiverr's HQ to discuss ideas in person with the CEO. You realize half the people on this thread were in a zoom call with Fiverr headquarters just yesterday, talking directly to the people who work there, about how the platform functions? I didn't see any "novice seller" there.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 5
  • Up 2

36 minutes ago, shiponforaji said:

You try it. This is how everyone works. And maximum people suggests it.

The person you quoted was a new seller when they posted this. Fiverr gives new sellers a boost for up to a month. That is why the seller in your screenshot was placed on the first page. Also, the new seller mentions "ranking". Fiverr is not a ranking platform; it is a matching platform. A group from the Forum experimented to see where we found each other's gigs. We found them in different places. I just looked for @bismaanis 's gigs and did not find them on the first pages because I typically do not purchase social media designs. If you visit that seller's profile now, you will find they have had no sales despite being on Fiverr since August 2021.

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

I just looked for @bismaanis 's gigs and did not find them on the first pages because I typically do not purchase social media designs.

@shiponforaji I also looked for your gigs and did not find them in the first six pages of the ten-plus pages available, which will make it hard for you to get orders. 

• Like 4