Fiverr website is absurdly counterintuitive

tjkramer

It amazes me how anybody is actually able to successfully use the Fiverr website to conduct the simplest of business transactions. Why do I have to fill out a Submit Requirements to Start Your Order and upload a file, WHEN ALL OF THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE AND MY ORDER IS EDITED, COMPLETE, AND ALREADY BACK IN MY HANDS.  So I end up uploading a silly little 50kb file just to appease that stupid page and complete an order that is already fully completed AND ALREADY PAID FOR. 
Why you all can't just build a basic transactional ecommerce site where I load the files/photos/video I want edited, it comes back to me and I pay for it; so incredibly simple. It's how every ecommerce site on the planet works.     

• Like 2

Well, I think the main reason is the fact that you might have the process a bit wrong (which happens I think for a couple of reasons!)

1. You order, pay. Order doesn't start yet. You fill in the requirements section.

3. Seller STARTS on your work. 

4. Seller delivers. You ask for a revision or complete the order.

You're supposed to pay first, submit the requirements and only THEN should the seller start. Otherwise, there's no guarantee buyers will pay. 

(I'm assuming that your seller either did the work BEFORE you paid or you paid but didn't send the requirements through. if it was the second one, it's a fairly easy fix; just do it quickly whenever you order. If it's the worst, that goes against how orders should be!)

It might be a bit annoying, but it's for a reason. Paying AFTER you get what you want is risky for the site since many people would run away. (there's ways to remove watermarks now for example, so...)

• Like 2
  • Up 1